Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is this the most laughable list of the Top Ten All Time Best Reverbs

I spotted this in the IK Multimedia newsfeed, no doubt because one of their products made the list.

I won't sit on the fence here, the fact that it doesn't have a single Sean Costello plugin on the list speaks volumes but there's a ton of other missing 'classics'.

I always had little regard for the KVR rabble (all shouting over each other) but this confirms things.

Here's the link:

https://www.kvraudio.com/10-most-popular-reverbs-of-all-time-in-the-kvr-marketplace

Comments

• Yeah, no Valhalla products is a big omission. But looking at it, I think it’s simply because you can’t buy through them. Suspect no commission element ;). just another ‘sales’ article!

• I saw that too. The one in KVR’s list isn’t even IKs best reverb.

• Likely just a list of affiliates that advertise or sell on KVR's marketplace. That's how most of these top 10 lists work.

Valhalla doesn't do that nor do they need that.

• That explains things. And yeah no Sunset Sound Studio Reverb! Probably down to the fact that KVR marketplace doesn’t offer T-Racks (as I’m sure there’s some kind of commission involved).

Pre 2010, KVR used to be a useful resource but then came the megathreads and the developer wars, and general lack of decency amongst the hordes of know-it-alls. Good riddence…

• I just follow the Twitter feed of news for updates on products, but yeah that's really it.

• I came here for internet drama, but isn’t that just a list of the top selling reverb related products on their marketplace?

• edited October 2021

@OscarSouth said:
    I came here for internet drama, but isn’t that just a list of the top selling reverb related products on their marketplace?

From KVR:

What follows is a list of the ALL-TIME most popular Reverbs according to KVR Members. The only limitation is that each Reverb must be available for purchase within our own KVR Marketplace.

I take that as a vote of what’s in the marketplace. But however you slice it it’s just a list of things they sell. Which is fine I guess. It’s what they do.

KVR is too toxic these days for sure to want to be part of the forum discussions.

• Very combative bunch over there. I commented on a thread there recently, and the OP totally went after me. Didn’t bother to respond.

• For context, this is the way IK spun the KVR list. But that's marketing for you.

• A few days ago I was looking for reviews of the sunset studio reverb and a https://kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=538291&hilit=Sunset+studio&start=30 came up in the results. It’s almost entertaining reading the thread. My god thr KVR lot are stubborn. And yeah combative is a good adjective for them.

It’s 45 pages of people shouting at IK telling them what a waste of money it is, how it’s just some IRs and how it should be free. And all of that before it was even released.

• edited October 2021

@klownshed said:
    It’s 45 pages of people shouting at IK telling them what a waste of money it is, how it’s just some IRs and how it should be free. And all of that before it was even released.

I've had a reverse experience with IK Multimedia's pr staff. I was posting to a thread (I think on gearspace) about issues with the Uno Drum (mostly that one of pads seemed faultly by design, after owning two units) and a member of their staff got pretty aggressive at me telling me that this was not true.I just posted "lol", ignored the thread, and returned the hardware. Since then, the issue has been reported by many other people including some reviewers.

This info gives me some context, maybe the IK staff are so use to being at war with forums that they came out too heavy handed.

(FWIW, I own an Uno Synth Pro Desktop and its a solid piece of kit. I may quite possibly buy an Uno Drum Pro if it comes out.)

• CSR marks about half the path to Relab‘s LX480.
    It was originally designed on a Creamware Scope system by Warp69 (plate and ambience algorithms), then converted to Intel code (plus hall added) and marketed by IK Multimedia as CSR.
    A couple of years later Relab finished the LX480, which had always been the goal.
    (from idea to final product about a decade of work)

I still have the Creamware versions (running on Sharc DSPs), the ambience algorithm with small room settings being a favourite.
    It can do a nice trick by setting the room size near minimum at only 5-10% of reverb: almost no impression of ambience, but instant tape sound as known from good reel-to-reels...

Of course today the Relab stuff is a class above (and imho worth considering for anyone with access to a PC/Mac DAW). The LX480 is a challenge to operate, but their Sonsig Rev-A is a no-brainer in both handling and price (atm $99).

• @Telefunky said:
    CSR marks about half the path to Relab‘s LX480.
    It was originally designed on a Creamware Scope system by Warp69 (plate and ambience algorithms), then converted to Intel code (plus hall added) and marketed by IK Multimedia as CSR.
    A couple of years later Relab finished the LX480, which had always been the goal.
    (from idea to final product about a decade of work)

I still have the Creamware versions (running on Sharc DSPs), the ambience algorithm with small room settings being a favourite.
    It can do a nice trick by setting the room size near minimum at only 5-10% of reverb: almost no impression of ambience, but instant tape sound as known from good reel-to-reels...

Of course today the Relab stuff is a class above (and imho worth considering for anyone with access to a PC/Mac DAW). The LX480 is a challenge to operate, but their Sonsig Rev-A is a no-brainer in both handling and price (atm $99).

Nice info. 👍

• @quartzite said:

@klownshed said:

I've had a reverse experience with IK Multimedia's pr staff. I was posting to a thread (I think on gearspace) about issues with the Uno Drum (mostly that one of pads seemed faultly by design, after owning two units) and a member of their staff got pretty aggressive at me telling me that this was not true.I just posted "lol", ignored the thread, and returned the hardware. Since then, the issue has been reported by many other people including some reviewers.

This info gives me some context, maybe the IK staff are so use to being at war with forums that they came out too heavy handed.

(FWIW, I own an Uno Synth Pro Desktop and its a solid piece of kit. I may quite possibly buy an Uno Drum Pro if it comes out.)

If that is recent then I think it is very unusual. I would say IK staff have been the most consistently present, reasonable and funny of all the developer staff on forums in the last few years that I have been reading them. I don’t know how they do it actually as they get goaded so badly. I would just lose it.

I have also been super impressed with their customer service the couple of times I have needed assistance.

• "Is this the most laughable list of the Top Ten All Time Best Reverbs"

FAKE NEWS!

It doesn't say "best" as the post title claims, it says "popular". FAKE NEWS! :wink:

• Most popular based on kvr database ratings?

I don't know but it's far from my list.

• Effectrix at no.2 ? in a list of the all time best reverbs ?

• @Paul16 said:
    Effectrix at no.2 ? in a list of the all time best reverbs ?

It's not a list of "BEST" reverbs. It's the KVR reader's choice. i.e. based on popularity.

• @Simon said:

@Paul16 said:
    Effectrix at no.2 ? in a list of the all time best reverbs ?

It's not a list of "BEST" reverbs. It's the KVR reader's choice. i.e. based on popularity.

No need to be pedantic about it. The list is still a pile of crock.

• @jonmoore said:

Just like the thread's title :smiley:

• @Simon said:

@jonmoore said:

Just like the thread's title :smiley:

Got some passive aggression you want to get off your chest...

• Those kinds of forums are echo chambers anyway

• @u0421793 said:
    Those kinds of forums are echo chambers anyway

That's pretty much a given for all 'passion group' social media destinations. The Audiobus forum is just as guilty of its own bias's; luckily the people are nicer! :)

• @u0421793 said:

;)

• @richardyot said:

@u0421793 said:

;)

When archaeologists dig this up in 3000 years they’re going to be really confused by this weird temple.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@richardyot said:

@u0421793 said:

;)

When archaeologists dig this up in 3000 years they’re going to be really confused by this weird temple.

:)

• edited October 2021

@jonmoore said:

@u0421793 said:

That's pretty much a given for all 'passion group' social media destinations. The Audiobus forum is just as guilty of its own bias's; luckily the people are nicer! :)

Made me recall the last time I debated whether full screen apps make a better performance experience than AU :D

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@richardyot said:

@u0421793 said:

;)

It’s when they dig up old forum threads and find an ancient religion based around the god Drambo 😁

• @GrimLucky said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:

@richardyot said:

@u0421793 said:

;)

It’s when they dig up old forum threads and find an ancient religion based around the god Drambo 😁

🤣 With a high priest called Giku.

• @GrimLucky said:

@Philandering_Bastard said:

@richardyot said:

@u0421793 said:

;)

Everything digital will be gone in much less than 3000 years