Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Lumbeat live pad sets

Has anyone been able to successfully select live pad sets with midi or program change commands? This would be great for using lumbeat apps for live performance. Also I can't seem to delete unwanted live pad sets that I have saved. The app that I'm using is Rock Drum Machine. I would love to buy more Lumbeat apps if I can solve this.

Comments

• wimwim
    edited October 2021

@musicplayer said:
    Has anyone been able to successfully select live pad sets with midi or program change commands? This would be great for using lumbeat apps for live performance. Also I can't seem to delete unwanted live pad sets that I have saved. The app that I'm using is Rock Drum Machine. I would love to buy more Lumbeat apps if I can solve this.

You’re right, program change just doesn’t work.

What do you want to send? Just plain Program Change 0-127, or do you want to use Bank Select? I worked out how to convert PC 0 to 127 to the note range in the default settings, and that works. But maybe it would make more sense to use Bank Select to change sets and Program change (0-7) to select individual pads?

Or, maybe just give in and use notes rather than PC?

• To delete live pad sets tap the Load button, then long-press the set you want to delete and select delete from the pop-up menu.

• I've tried program change, notes, and control change. Nothing so far has worked to change the current live pad set. I play a Nord Electro 5 which has very limited midi control so I'm using midiflow to send the commands. The lowest note it sends is C-1 so I tried changing the note assigned for live pad select from C-2 to C-1 in Rock Drum Machine. Still no luck. Using Bank Select does make sense, which I also tried but it didn't work for me. What would the Program Change# equivalent for C-2 be? Has anyone been able to select live pad sets with cc, program change, or notes? I did try long-pressing the live pad sets but I didn't see the little pop up window. Thanks for that.

• @musicplayer said:
    I've tried program change, notes, and control change. Nothing so far has worked to change the current live pad set. I play a Nord Electro 5 which has very limited midi control so I'm using midiflow to send the commands. The lowest note it sends is C-1 so I tried changing the note assigned for live pad select from C-2 to C-1 in Rock Drum Machine. Still no luck. Using Bank Select does make sense, which I also tried but it didn't work for me. What would the Program Change# equivalent for C-2 be? Has anyone been able to select live pad sets with cc, program change, or notes? I did try long-pressing the live pad sets but I didn't see the little pop up window. Thanks for that.

@musicplayer said:
    I've tried program change, notes, and control change. Nothing so far has worked to change the current live pad set. I play a Nord Electro 5 which has very limited midi control so I'm using midiflow to send the commands. The lowest note it sends is C-1 so I tried changing the note assigned for live pad select from C-2 to C-1 in Rock Drum Machine. Still no luck. Using Bank Select does make sense, which I also tried but it didn't work for me. What would the Program Change# equivalent for C-2 be? Has anyone been able to select live pad sets with cc, program change, or notes? I did try long-pressing the live pad sets but I didn't see the little pop up window. Thanks for that.

@musicplayer said:

Are you able to confirm that any MIDI commands are reaching Rock drummer and being processed by it? I once had a problem and after banging my head against the wall for hours realized that I was sending on a different channel than it was listening to.

Also keep in mimd that octave numbering is semi-arbitrary. Some apps and hardware use different octave numbering. MIDI Note 0 can be called C-2,C-0 or even C0

• wimwim
    edited October 2021

@musicplayer as far as I can tell LivePad Set change just plain doesn’t work. And it isn’t due to octave mismatch or anything like that.

LivePad Select works but not Set Select.

@LuisMartinez … u out there by chance? I don’t see any contact info on the website other than social media and I’m not stooping to that for this.

• Midiflow has a midi monitor so I can see the midi commands are reaching Rock Drum Machine. I can't see that Rock Drum Machine is effected. I tried channel 1, channel 10, and omni. No luck. I'm not giving up yet. It looks like these live pad sets were designed to be selected by midi or pc or cc as well as manually.

• wimwim
    edited October 2021

@musicplayer said:
    Midiflow has a midi monitor so I can see the midi commands are reaching Rock Drum Machine. I can't see that Rock Drum Machine is effected. I tried channel 1, channel 10, and omni. No luck. I'm not giving up yet. It looks like these live pad sets were designed to be selected by midi or pc or cc as well as manually.

Pad Select works. Try to get that going with the default settings of Note C1. You should be able to switch pads with notes C1 (36) through G1 (43). Once that works then you know you’re communicating properly with RD. Now try the same with PC. It will not work. I’m certain this is just not implemented in the software.

Once you’ve verified that Pad Select works, try the same process with Pad Set Select. It will not work no matter what you do.

I don’t think I’ve overlooked anything. I think it’s just plain broken.

Edit: I only tried Notes and Program Change, not CC

• edited October 2021

@musicplayer said:

I don’t know if this is what you are looking for , but I did some noob programming for an onsong user .. check 0.25 onwards

• Not really exactly I was looking for. What you did was more like a sequence. What I would like to do is to be able to load live pad sets and then control them with a midi foot pedal controller. You can save sets that send tempo, alternate ride/high hat, and fill every change commands. I could manually load the live pad sets, but I would like to minimize time between songs and be able to interact with the audience instead of messing with the ipad. I would like to be able to use something like Onsong or Setlist Maker to select live pad sets that I could create and save for each song. I may have to go with sequencing if I can't find a solution, but I prefer not to. I can play left hand bass and get a full enough sound with more flexibility for solos and don't have to worry about counting bars or losing my place if I sequence.

• I guess your only avenue is to try to contact Luis via social media. The links are on http://www.lumbeat.com.

• @musicplayer said:
    Not really exactly I was looking for. What you did was more like a sequence. What I would like to do is to be able to load live pad sets and then control them with a midi foot pedal controller. You can save sets that send tempo, alternate ride/high hat, and fill every change commands. I could manually load the live pad sets, but I would like to minimize time between songs and be able to interact with the audience instead of messing with the ipad. I would like to be able to use something like Onsong or Setlist Maker to select live pad sets that I could create and save for each song. I may have to go with sequencing if I can't find a solution, but I prefer not to. I can play left hand bass and get a full enough sound with more flexibility for solos and don't have to worry about counting bars or losing my place if I sequence.

You can contact Lumbeat on Facebook , where he usually responds