Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Control Atom Piano Roll - Different Parts of a Song

Hi,
I want to be able to move back and forth between different songs sections; verse to chorus, chorus to verse, verse to bridge, bridge to chorus - between any parts. IDEALLY....I'd like to "tie" each part to a key on the keyboard, so I can go or play each part by pressing a single key (piano/MIDI controller keyboard)

I started making each part (intro, verse, chorus, bridge, outro) as a separate "clip" in Atom Piano Roll 2. I believe they're called a clip.

I watched the Victor Porof tutorial videos. Great videos.....but I still am not 100% sure how to set up each clip or whether to create a pattern or not.

Any advice? The Atom Roll 2 is pretty amazing software, but with that power comes some complexity...........any other suggestions on some software to capture different parts of a song, and then 'trigger' each part with a key from a (piano/MIDI controller keyboard) in AUM?

Thanks!!

Comments

• @Vmusic said:
    Hi,
    I want to be able to move back and forth between different songs sections; verse to chorus, chorus to verse, verse to bridge, bridge to chorus - between any parts. IDEALLY....I'd like to "tie" each part to a key on the keyboard, so I can go or play each part by pressing a single key (piano/MIDI controller keyboard)

I started making each part (intro, verse, chorus, bridge, outro) as a separate "clip" in Atom Piano Roll 2. I believe they're called a clip.

I watched the Victor Porof tutorial videos. Great videos.....but I still am not 100% sure how to set up each clip or whether to create a pattern or not.

Any advice? The Atom Roll 2 is pretty amazing software, but with that power comes some complexity...........any other suggestions on some software to capture different parts of a song, and then 'trigger' each part with a key from a (piano/MIDI controller keyboard) in AUM?

Thanks!!

There several ways to go. Each clip can be set to be triggered by a particular note or MIDI CC.

So, you can add an Atom instance whose job is to send notes to the Atom instances that have your clips.

• Thanks!!... Hhhhmmmm the only thing I see in Atom Roll 2 that can be assigned to a MIDI CC is a pattern? Is that what you mean?

• @Vmusic said:
    Thanks!!... Hhhhmmmm the only thing I see in Atom Roll 2 that can be assigned to a MIDI CC is a pattern? Is that what you mean?

Tap and hold Launch to see the clip’s launch options.