Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Photo from Doug

Analogue bliss, working to set this up being controlled by the iPad, will be doing some videos soon, as soon as it all sounds and works right

Comments

• I know next to nothing about these analog machines, so I'm definitely looking forward to your videos, Doug.

• That setup looks fun, do you need a powered usb for ipad right? I always have doubts about the little korg gadgets, i have a pair of old electribes EA-1 and EM and i use the usb camera kit but just for the audio no midi.

• Hi Doug! I'm you're new next-door neighbor! Can I borrow a spot on your couch for a few days while they install the carpet? Lol

• No need for a powered usb, this is how it will work, fingers crossed. The iPad will run arpeggionome pro, the Arturia Microbrute will plug into the iPad via USB, then I will set up Arpeggionome to send midi clock to the Microbrute, at this point the tempo will be controlled by Areggionome so the sequence will control the Microbrute, then I shall connect the CV OUT from the Microbrute to the sync in on the Monotribe and then the Volcas,no reason why this shouldn't work Lol

• Next duty, DD65 setup, please...

• I tried setting up the DD65 with Drums XD but no matter what I tried it wouldn't work properly with the iPad, I shall try again

• edited May 2014

Thanks!
    ...and DrumStudio?

• I'm looking forward to this, since I'm going to pick up a Microbrute in a few weeks. Can't wait to see all this in action.

• Just to note, that if you have an iPhone handy too, Brute LFO is a great way to modulate settings in the patch bay on a MicroBrute. And if you happen to have another iDevice too, then you have not 1 (the built in) but 3 LFO sources for your MB. Also works with Filtatron. Was playing with that last night some. Can get groovily cool :-)

• Yeah, I like Brute LFO

• Nice one Doug. I hope you're going to kick off a trend for people to post detailed videos/drawings of their set ups so others can benefit from their experiences. This way we may start some kind of database from which everyone can benefit including the developers. I'm sure gearing up towards a demo of my super looping rig which recently got quite interesting.

• Yeah thats a good idea, and I also think that people will like your looping set up videos, I want to show people that its easier to set up an iPad than a PC. OK you can do more with a PC but its harder to set up and nowhere near as easy as setting up an iPad. There are still many musicians out there who regard the iPad as a toy and it really fucks me off. OK fine go and spend £200 on a VST and I'll still blow your ass out the water with a £6.99 synth app, man I must stop ranting :-)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Looking forward to hearing this!

• edited May 2014

"It all worked, which was a surprise to me."

Me too! I am seriously impressed with how responsive it all was to tempo changes from the iPad.

Thanks a lot for the video but shit, Doug. MY BANK ACCOUNT CAN NOT HANDLE YOU. Seriously, I had finally talked myself off the volca cliff and now...