Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New 13-in-one hub arrived today (Kickstarter purchase, due for June delivery!)

edited October 2021 in Other

I'd almost given up on ever seeing my purchase as it was soo overdue, and communications with the Chinese company that design and sell the hub was obtuse, to say the least.

However, I'm now overjoyed as it does everything it's supposed to do. Considering the Kickstarter price was considerably less than its projected retail price ($99 vs $179), all is forgiven ref the companies shoddy delivery date promises. The specs are great, and it's built like the proverbial tank; so as long as it proves reliable in the long run, it will prove to be a great buy. It works perfectly for both my iPad Pro and MacBook Pro. And the PD passthrough charging can take up to 100W, the hub is capable of charging/powering up to 5 devices.

You can read the full specs on the Kickstarter link below.

If Maotoam ever manages to get this into full retail distribution and keeps the price to $179 or lower, it should be a great success as there's nothing else that matches its combination of great industrial design and technical capabilities (they've so far produced approximately 5000 units through Kickstarter and INDIGOGO).

It gets the Apple design language just right and in use virtually disappears (as good design should). The first pic belows shows my iPad Pro setup minus my Launchpad Pro.

At the moment, you can no longer purchase the hub whilst the company delivers it's first and second rounds of social funding orders, but should you see it on Amazon in the near future I'd definitely recommend it. It betters the features on the Anker PowerExpand Elite 13-in-1 Thunderbolt 3 Docking Station, and is projected to sell for $100 less.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1887649556/maotoam-worlds-first-13-in-1-usb-c-hub-and-laptop-stand