Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Filtering clock messages?

I'm using mfxMonitor hosted in AUM to help troubleshoot MIDI problems when I run into them. I am trying to filter out the clock tick messages that are coming from my Octatrack as they are literally nonstop when the OT is on. I have the @blueveek MIDI tools but the filter doesn't have clock in it. Is there a way to do this? I want the monitor to capture every MIDI message that comes in except for clock.

Comments

• Every good MIDI monitor supports clock filtering.
    Would it be an option to disable clock sending on the OT?

• @slicetwo said:
    I'm using mfxMonitor hosted in AUM to help troubleshoot MIDI problems when I run into them. I am trying to filter out the clock tick messages that are coming from my Octatrack as they are literally nonstop when the OT is on. I have the @blueveek MIDI tools but the filter doesn't have clock in it. Is there a way to do this? I want the monitor to capture every MIDI message that comes in except for clock.

Streambyter has straight forward blocking which I’ve used before.

Have a look for Blocking Medley in the presets.

Remove the bits you don’t need and adjust the bits you do.

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/streambyter/id1398712641

• @rs2000 said:
    Every good MIDI monitor supports clock filtering.
    Would it be an option to disable clock sending on the OT?

Can't disable the OT clock since it's the master for everything.

@Gravitas I have SB and never actually knew what it was for. Haha. Just tried it out and works perfectly. Thanks!

• @slicetwo said:

@Gravitas I have SB and never actually knew what it was for. Haha. Just tried it out and works perfectly. Thanks!

Cool.
    Glad it works.

• BTW @slicetwo - Streambyter has a built-in midi monitor as well.

• I use Mozaic for this purpose. I think I just hacked one of the sample scripts, a 3-line MIDI monitor (just prints the MIDI message and passes it through, but throws the clocks away). It's helped me not have to figure out why I can't get my NDLR and KeyStep Pro to exchange clocks with AUM properly :)

• I'm adding MIDI clock filtering (and more) in the next AUM update.

• @j_liljedahl said:
    I'm adding MIDI clock filtering (and more) in the next AUM update.

Hell yeah.