Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• You’ve done it again.

I recognised the piece instantly but I didn’t who
    it was by so I’ve learnt something new there.

You played it a little bit safe nearer the end but
    as it’s a saber dance that’s understandable.

Enjoyable listening.

When’s the album turning up?

• @Gravitas Thank you my friend! The last time I played this was in 1968 for a solo piano recital. I recently rediscovered the sheet music in my parent's piano bench and I thought I would give it a go on my iPad. Thanks for listening!

• @Paulieworld said:
    @Gravitas Thank you my friend! The last time I played this was in 1968 for a solo piano recital. I recently rediscovered the sheet music in my parent's piano bench and I thought I would give it a go on my iPad. Thanks for listening!

So many memories.
    That is so cool.

It’s a pleasure.

• Great fun and funny! Very well done. A roadrunner or bugs bunny visual would be appropriate.

• @LinearLineman I bet you say that to all the wabbits!
    Beep beep!

• Excellent. Flight of the Bumblebee next please.🐝

• @GeoTony It's extremely ironic that you mentioned FOTB. A few weeks ago I started working up an arrangement of it, but pulled the plug because it was just too ridiculous. Instead, I went with something a bit more laid-back... like Saber Dance. In hindsight, maybe it's not so ridiculous, after all. I think I might go back and finish it this weekend.

• That's a Barrel of Monkeys. I enjoy the use of non-orchestral synth sounds to add a sense of humor against the technical virtuosity of this piece.

• @McD Thank you for that! Life is short. Let's have some fun! I appreciate that you and @LinearLineman saw the humor in this. Have a great weekend!

• Fun indeed! Great job on this! I’m curious, what did you use?

• This is a great piece executed very well. Fine sonic choices throughout. I'm particularly fond of the orchestral version, but this was very nicely interpreted. Well done!

• Great fun - perfect choice of sounds, and I also look forward to FOTB!

• The question really is: when are you going to cover Raymond Scott's Powerhouse? 😁

• @Edward_Alexander said:
    Fun indeed! Great job on this! I’m curious, what did you use?

I used Pure Piano for the background, iM1, iSymphonic, DrumComputer, and few drum loops from Blocs Wave. I used the MIDI editor in Cubasis to transcribe the piano parts from some old sheet music I recently found. That took a while, but it was fun. There was a time when I could actually play that! Thanks for listening and commenting!

• @Daveypoo said:
    This is a great piece executed very well. Fine sonic choices throughout. I'm particularly fond of the orchestral version, but this was very nicely interpreted. Well done!

I have been thinking about getting StaffPad and trying my hand at some orchestral stuff. However, the thought shelling out 100 bucks for a pencil... well, I have to think about that some more. Thank you for listening and taking a moment to weigh in!

• @PhilW said:
    Great fun - perfect choice of sounds, and I also look forward to FOTB!

I have been working on it for a few hours. I am reminded of the scene from Amadeus... too many notes! I suppose I could just download an existing MIDI file, but I actually enjoy the whole process. Some people build ships in bottles, and I do this. Thank you for listening and your thoughts!

• @Daveypoo said:
    The question really is: when are you going to cover Raymond Scott's Powerhouse? 😁

I just listened to a few versions on YouTube. My favorite is by a young guy named Michael Whelan. He absolutely nails it. I would have loved to have heard Woody Herman cover it. If I actually finish FOTB without going mad, I might give a try! Thanks!

• @Paulieworld said:

@Daveypoo said:
    The question really is: when are you going to cover Raymond Scott's Powerhouse? 😁

I just listened to a few versions on YouTube. My favorite is by a young guy named Michael Whelan. He absolutely nails it. I would have loved to have heard Woody Herman cover it. If I actually finish FOTB without going mad, I might give a try! Thanks!

Raymond Scott is a favorite of mine. If you like Powerhouse you should check out and other stuff he did with his quintet in the 40s. But that's besides the point - would love to hear your version if you feel so inspired!

• @Paulieworld, Dorico is free w/ subscription to access AU instruments. Might be a good choice to start.

• Haha made me smile and has a special place for me being a fan of the Buffalo Sabres!

• edited October 2021

@mjcouche - I'm from Chicago, so I'm an old school Blackhawks fan. Keith Magnuson (R.I.P.), Bobby Hull. Hockey is the next best thing to the Roman Gladiators. He shoots... he scores!!! Thanks for listening to my silly-ass music. Have a great weekend!