Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Let's talk about feedback techniques in AUM!

I spent a lot of time yesterday playing with drones in AUM, setting up various feedback loops and using Passbots at various different settings in each mix bus. I'll post a video in a day or two of my (early) attempts at this. I'm currently obsessed with Eliane Radigue's approach to music, just using simple tones altered with various modulations and levels of feedback. Would be interested to hear what techniques people are using in feedback loops in AUM.

Comments

• edited October 2021

@Gavinski said:
    I spent a lot of time yesterday playing with drones in AUM, setting up various feedback loops and using Passbots at various different settings in each mix bus.

Thanks for reminding me of a long-forgotten project…. Will hopefully update here with further discoveries.

[slight EDIT to the setup]

• Can't remember who did it, perhaps Jakob Hak, but there was a video about how to use feedback in AUM to create your own shimmer reverb using stock effects. Pretty neat.

I found a video that could be the original. It feels different though but I think he's doing the same thing

• I did a video about 4 years ago. I love feedback!

• Thanks guys, and nice to see you still kicking around these parts Mitch! @TheAudioDabbler