Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

On Starlight Lake / Ersatz Mellotron

I used two Microsonic “tape” instruments and two BeatHawk woodwinds… it’s pretty mellotronic, I think. Plus Pure Piano and BeatHawk Total Bass.

Comments

• Wow, Mike - this really hit the spot tonight. Pensive and calming, some REALLY nice resolutions and twisty corners in this one, but it never goes too far, never spins off the rails. I can see very clearly the thread linking everything together here, however I love the twists and spins along the way.

Your thematic sense is coalescing and improving - I can hear it in the tracks you've put out over the last year or so. Wonderful, thoughtful piece here, sir. Hats off to you.

• I’ve been sitting here trying to find the perfect words to describe this. I don’t think I can. I use “beautiful “ so often with your compositions. I need better superlatives. Magnificent. Exquisite. Stunning. I guess I should save a few. Well done.

• What they said Mike^^^ simply amazing!

Talk to me about this “Microsonic Tape instrument”?

• Thanks for the affirmation @Daveypoo. I think you’re right. It has do do with intention, I believe. I consciously/unconsciously lock onto the first few phrases when I start improvising. Btw, I heard on NPR that wild boars are roaming the streets of Rome!
    See any?

Thank you for the continued listening and comments @MadeofWax. It means a lot to me🙏🏻

@Edward_Alexander, thanks, mate. The taped instruments are simply presets from Cubasis3 Microsonic. Since Mellotron uses tapes I guess these are simulacra.

• @Edward_Alexander, thanks, mate. The taped instruments are simply presets from Cubasis3 Microsonic. Since Mellotron uses tapes I guess these are simulacra.

Ah! So it’s something i already own, cool! Dang there’s a ton of sounds in here that I’ve never given a second look.

• As the others have said, difficult to come up with new words that adequately express how good this is…
    As an aside @LinearLineman, have I missed an album release? Where did the Flowtones album go?

• Thank you @GeoTony. No, you didn’t miss the Flowtones album. For the first time I stopped midstream. I couldn’t find inspiring presets. I’ve tried to download @Poppadocrock’s banks but they don’t show up even tho they import. But I hope to return to it. It’s a terrific synth.

Meanwhile, pls try Out Of Nowhere… the 38th, posted below this thread. Cheers, LL