Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New user Lemur - noob question

Hi,

Just a very simple question (which somehow I can't seem to find an answer for on the web).
I bought Lemur (iOS) for controlling Ableton Live and maybe some VST's but I notice there are a lot of custom templates available on this forum (thumbs up!) for iOS apps.

Can someone explain to me why one would need an iOS template to control another iOS app?

PS. I understand the combination of for e.g. a drum app and a synth in one template but there seem to be an awful lot of templates which only control one app (Polysix and so..) So what's the benefit?

Comments

• Just a guess, but I think the purpose of the single-app templates is to offer a variety of control not available from the app's native interface. Some of the physics engine controls in Lemur, for example, are both fun and useful.

• It might be that you get better layout in the lemur template, or it might be that you get to use the physics engine (having xy pads zinging about with little friction etc) or it might be that you get 'sequencing' possibilities where none were available in the app (i.e. The loopnado one)

So there are a few bits and pieces which you can get out of a some app template that might improve the ability to control :) Hope that helps explain a little.

• Excellent feedback! Tnx!

As mentioned I'm new to Lemur and probably will only be using available templates or maybe try some very basic ones myself. It's so deep -but I'm afraid it will rapidly eat up my time for learning more about my DAW :)

• Some of the default templates are very good for virtual midi control of other apps which have midi CC capability. BitWiz is an example where I can get a complex wave form running in the background and then use a Lemur template to add modulation which then leaves me free to play effects live on top of that.

It's also nice to automate the effect pedal controls in AmpliTube so I can then focus on playing the guitar as I only have two hands and am not that great with my feet.

• Another reason is so you pull out just a few big, easy to hit controls instead of tiny elements in a crowded interface.

• It all makes sense to me now. Amazing how much is possible these days.. I see I have a lot to learn ;) Tnx again!