Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

liVe | Talking about PTSD | Depression + making dark ambient on the iPad |

It’s been about a month since I posted any vids online. Getting better |

I’m streaming live on Twitch @ iostrakon
Going to chat if any one wants to hang out.

Take care all

Comments

• Good to be getting better! I don't have PTSD, but depression and anxiety are ongoing issues for me.

I don't know anything about Twitch really but I hope the streaming was suitably dark and ambient and a bit chatty :)

It's funny how music like that can be soothing for certain states of mind, whereas other people find relief in sweet cheerful music. One of my favourite pieces of music for sleeping too is this. It's mostly noise, with harmonic content creeping through somehow, and shifting very slowly, although nothing really happens. I find it somehow comforting but people I've shared it with have said it'd give them nightmares.... each to their own.

• edited October 2021

It’s good to know you’re feeling better and out there. My exwife gf is a psychologist who helps evaluate vets for benefits. PTSD is devastating. As far as music going dark… makes a lot of sense. I, myself, prefer cloudy days to sunshine. They resonate, as do somber melodies.

• @WenSamya said:
    I'm so glad to hear that you're doing better and are back to streaming. It takes a lot of strength to keep pushing forward, especially when dealing with something like PTSD or depression. I hope that sharing your experiences and creating music on your iPad helps you on your journey to healing.

Iostrakon has gone awol unfortunately - his last post on this forum was a pretty damn long time ago. I've tried to get in touch (have his WhatsApp) with no success. I hope he's OK. Does anyone know?