Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

eSPI for iOS Released (sp-1200)

Comments

• @anickt said:

@stormbeats said:
    How can Low Hiss release a product on the appstore that’s not finished. Charge cash for the app and a dev who does not respond to so called support emails. Same thing with the desktop version. Literally got customers money to help with what still seems to be beta.
    This half finished product passed Apple review. I’am ok with bugs but the issue of pad latency is madness :(

Agreed but he did say from the beginning that it was still beta software so users have the option to buy into it or not. Doesn’t address this approach in the App Store though.

A small tip - when the app asks you to respond Yes/No, hitting Enter usually performs correctly where Yes/No doesn’t, such as in Load/Save.

@anickt cheers yes I worked out the Enter yes/no

• @anickt did you receive anymore info etc from low hiss?

• @stormbeats said:
    @anickt did you receive anymore info etc from low hiss?

No. It’s only been a week since I last heard anything so I’m not concerned.

• @anickt said:

@stormbeats said:

Ok no worries

• @stormbeats said:

@anickt said:

@stormbeats said:

Ok no worries

Yet… 😂

• @anickt said:

@stormbeats said:

@anickt said:

@stormbeats said:

Ok no worries

Yet… 😂

True.

• edited October 2021

@anickt I noticed on low hiss website the iOS version says “coming soon” again. A week or so ago it said the price & available in App Store

• Who knows?! 😆

• No word on espi yet but I came across this. Apparently the demand is still there:

https://www.matrixsynth.com/2021/10/new-rossum-sp-1200-in-works.html

• J_BJ_B
    edited November 2021

Just downloaded the free version to give it a spin. Fun but anyone finding the triggers are slow? Not like delayed, like if you hit it twice fast it doesn’t trigger the second time

edit:must’ve been a bug it’s fine now. This thing sounds good very cool. Tempted to grab it. Any glaring issues right now? Not gonna be using it for heavy sequencing or anything. Just making some loops

edit edit: nah glitchy pads are back. Shame could be very cool

• I like it but would be nice to know the demo limitations. Is truncate not working or is it a demo limitation.

• edited November 2021

@J_B said:
    Just downloaded the free version to give it a spin. Fun but anyone finding the triggers are slow? Not like delayed, like if you hit it twice fast it doesn’t trigger the second time

edit:must’ve been a bug it’s fine now. This thing sounds good very cool. Tempted to grab it. Any glaring issues right now? Not gonna be using it for heavy sequencing or anything. Just making some loops

edit edit: nah glitchy pads are back. Shame could be very cool

@J_B Yes same since the 1st paid iOS version couple weeks ago. Emailed the dev many times & zero response. I mentioned this bug in the first page of this post as well as another forum member with same issue

• Looks like another update dropped a week ago, any users have updated feels about this one? I’m still tempted…

• Update - these fix some of the issues I was having. Glad to see it! Now it needs to work at 48k.

• Where is eSPi currently at now? Has it “arrived” to a mostly fluid experience or is it update(s) away from being recommended? (Asking as a drum machine and SP1200 fan)

• @Proppa said:
    Where is eSPi currently at now? Has it “arrived” to a mostly fluid experience or is it update(s) away from being recommended? (Asking as a drum machine and SP1200 fan)

It was updated recently. I don’t own it right now so I can’t honestly say where it’s at but based on the last couple of updates I think it’s getting there.

• Thanks @anickt

The update rhythm seems to indicate reliable refinement. I really hope it fully bakes.

• @coolout said:

@Stuntman_mike said:

@Littlewoodg said:
    Someone help me with the lay of the land here: workflow wise there is an upside to this approach as compared to the MPC…? Someone mentioned that one would see this (as hardware, in the era) side-by-side with MPC in the people’s studio set-up. Or was it the sound, more than the workflow (again as compared to MPC)?

From my understanding the sound of the SP-1200 is why it is so revered these days. It has an analog crunchy warmness ☺️ that effects samples in a magical way when pitched up and down.

I won’t discount the simplicity of the workflow as well.

I had a friend's SP1200 for about a year. Around 2005. The sound is one thing: yes it's crunchy and does the ringing/aliasing thing when you pitch it down. I already have plenty of hardware samplers (at least 10) and plenty do all that. In my opinion it's just nostalgia chasing. Back in the 90's, no one wanted their samples to sound like shit, that's just all we could get our hands on. Lofi was a compromise really.

From what I remember, the best and most unique thing about SP1200 was the workflow: you didn't need a manual because it was written on the front panel of the machine, all the editing was a done using just the faders which is smart. If you wanted to trim the start of sample, you had one fader for the course trim and another fader for fine trim...super-easy and basic.

In my opinion, seems like everyone is missing what made the SP a great tool. The SP2400 has too many features crammed in and too much reliance on the screen, I think a lot of the originaly simplicity and charm is lost. The eSPi is seems a bit half-baked, like the developer has mixed up priority. In my opinion, the time and energy spent on trying to nail the sound and look should have been put towards making the workflow and reliability solid FIRST. I don't care if it looks like an SP1200 if doesn't just boot up and RUN like an SP1200.

I enjoy reading stuff like this. Someone who knows exactly what the essence of a thing is and has the ability to communicate that well. Thanks.

• Hails to this app company if they pull it off! This is always talked about like a tb 303 so it has alot to live up to. I hope this is sick!

• It was just updated. Some of it seems better. Haven’t had time to go very deep. I honestly don’t see myself using it much. Koala covers a lot of what I might do with it. YMMV

• @anickt said:
    It was just updated. Some of it seems better. Haven’t had time to go very deep. I honestly don’t see myself using it much. Koala covers a lot of what I might do with it. YMMV

Well
    I bought it. For the sound. Not as anything serious
    No sound at all. Nothing. Kinda pissed. Says it needs mic access but it doesn’t show in settings with my other apps under mic access.

• @J_B said:

@anickt said:
    It was just updated. Some of it seems better. Haven’t had time to go very deep. I honestly don’t see myself using it much. Koala covers a lot of what I might do with it. YMMV

Well
    No sound at all. Nothing. Kinda pissed. Says it needs mic access but it doesn’t show in settings with my other apps under mic access.

It shows in my settings.

• @anickt said:

@J_B said:

@anickt said:

Well

It shows in my settings.

Ah I was under microphone. nonetheless I found that setting and it’s already on. Still no sound whatsoever.

• @J_B said:

@anickt said:

@J_B said:

@anickt said:

Well

It shows in my settings.

Ah I was under microphone. nonetheless I found that setting and it’s already on. Still no sound whatsoever.

Maybe delete and reinstall as a first step. Then reboot device.

• @anickt said:

@J_B said:

@anickt said:

@J_B said:

@anickt said:

Well

It shows in my settings.

Tried it, nada, and now it’s gone from the menu you screencapped

• edited August 2022

@J_B said:

@anickt said:

@J_B said:

@anickt said:

@J_B said:

@anickt said:

Well

It shows in my settings.

IDK man. What iOS you on? I’m on 15.6.1. But it’s always worked for me since it’s been available no matter what the iOS. Are Stock Sounds enabled in app settings?

• J_BJ_B
    edited August 2022

@anickt said:

@J_B said:

@anickt said:

@J_B said:

@anickt said:

@J_B said:

@anickt said:

Well

It shows in my settings.

IDK man. What iOS you on? I’m on 15.6.1. But it’s always worked for me since it’s been available no matter what the iOS. Are Stock Sounds enabled in app settings?
    stock sounds on, I tried different sample rates etc. iPad on 15.6.1. Nothing. Shame man wasted time. Gonna refund

got sound out, I set the pad to sample from an input and it requested mic access and started working. I had already tried this earlier and it didnt work but I guess the reinstall changed something. This thing clearly is t ready to go though that was super wonky. Working now at least, don’t doubt it’s the only issue

• Too bad it’s not what it could be. I’m using Koala for what I might have used eSPI for. Doesn’t work right for me on iOS or Mac. 😤