Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

eSPI for iOS Released (sp-1200)

eSPI for iOS was recently released, it’s $12.99 not sure about any connectivity though…

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/espi/id1577738398

«134

Comments

  • @Poppadocrock said:
    eSPI for iOS was recently released, it’s $12.99 not sur3 about connectivity though…

    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/espi/id1577738398

    Yeah, they don’t even list connectivity on their website. Gonna have to pass for now. Thanks for letting us know though, @Poppadocrock !

  • Definitely I was excited to see it but after I read the description and saw the photos there doesn’t “appear” to be any connectivity. At least as of now.

  • I believe export pad, record beat and record stems are ways of getting files out of the app. I was pretty hot on this when it was first announced but the Mac version was pretty squirrely. Not sure if I’ll spring for this without further info.

  • edited October 7

    Don’t buy it. It’s not ready. Pretty buggy. I’ve contacted dev with some prelim feedback.

  • Thanks @Poppadocrock for the announcement, and @anickt for the heads up...
    Bummed out it took so long and it's not polished :disappointed:

  • Oh... never mind :lol: 2 iOS versions bigger than I can use :lol:

  • Skeuomorphic to the max. Hard pass.

  • @auxmux said:
    Skeuomorphic to the max. Hard pass.

    The point of the app was to replicate the OG SP-1200 experience and sound. Lots of people want that. ;)

  • After the letdown of the desktop launch I was looking forward to the iOS version.

    Is it really too busted to flex with @anickt ?
    Can we load samples and export loops or are even the basics problematic?

  • @Proppa said:
    After the letdown of the desktop launch I was looking forward to the iOS version.

    Is it really too busted to flex with @anickt ?
    Can we load samples and export loops or are even the basics problematic?

    So far it doesn't scale properly on my iPad 8 so you can't access prefs. If you switch out of the app and back there's no sound. You have to quit and re-open. Loading and saving is a little wonky because it asks you to answer Yes/No which doesn't work but hitting Enter does. I was able to load a sample. Per pad FX don't work. You can set them up but there's no effect (eg reverb). Haven't gotten too far beyond that yet but I'll have time later. The app needs a good beta test by experienced iOS users IMHO.

  • @anickt said:

    @Proppa said:
    After the letdown of the desktop launch I was looking forward to the iOS version.

    Is it really too busted to flex with @anickt ?
    Can we load samples and export loops or are even the basics problematic?

    So far it doesn't scale properly on my iPad 8 so you can't access prefs. If you switch out of the app and back there's no sound. You have to quit and re-open. Loading and saving is a little wonky because it asks you to answer Yes/No which doesn't work but hitting Enter does. I was able to load a sample. Per pad FX don't work. You can set them up but there's no effect (eg reverb). Haven't gotten too far beyond that yet but I'll have time later. The app needs a good beta test by experienced iOS users IMHO.

    Oh lort! I was ready to pull the trigger…

  • @anickt said:

    @Proppa said:
    After the letdown of the desktop launch I was looking forward to the iOS version.

    Is it really too busted to flex with @anickt ?
    Can we load samples and export loops or are even the basics problematic?

    So far it doesn't scale properly on my iPad 8 so you can't access prefs. If you switch out of the app and back there's no sound. You have to quit and re-open. Loading and saving is a little wonky because it asks you to answer Yes/No which doesn't work but hitting Enter does. I was able to load a sample. Per pad FX don't work. You can set them up but there's no effect (eg reverb). Haven't gotten too far beyond that yet but I'll have time later. The app needs a good beta test by experienced iOS users IMHO.

    Brutal. Big thanks for the details. Here’s hoping the developer(s) get it shaped up.

  • edited October 7

    In the meantime, this plugin is great for old school drum sampler grit: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/rx950-classic-ad-da-converter/id1406136418

    This too: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/lo-fly-dirt/id1292776927

  • RX950 Classic AD/DA Converter is so good! Highly recommended and the price is criminally low for what it does. I use it a lot with drums.

  • @Poppadocrock
    Thanks for posting but got to add like most people this one that I would 'wait and see" how it develops. I had been following since the dev started posting on gearslutz (gearspace) decided not to purchase then. Its a great concept and sounded pretty good but it would least need imho AUV3 support and midi control/sync.

  • @yokotate said:

    RX950 Classic AD/DA Converter is so good! Highly recommended and the price is criminally low for what it does. I use it a lot with drums.

    Me too! Delicious crunchiness

  • Wow! I’m torn. This does the pitch-shifting effect unique to the SP1200 better than anything except the S2400. The PC rollout was a shit show, though, and still doesn’t seem to be in a great place. I’m shocked the dev actually had the bandwidth to get an iOS version, and I want to support them, but…

  • @anickt said:

    @Proppa said:
    After the letdown of the desktop launch I was looking forward to the iOS version.

    Is it really too busted to flex with @anickt ?
    Can we load samples and export loops or are even the basics problematic?

    So far it doesn't scale properly on my iPad 8 so you can't access prefs. If you switch out of the app and back there's no sound. You have to quit and re-open. Loading and saving is a little wonky because it asks you to answer Yes/No which doesn't work but hitting Enter does. I was able to load a sample. Per pad FX don't work. You can set them up but there's no effect (eg reverb). Haven't gotten too far beyond that yet but I'll have time later. The app needs a good beta test by experienced iOS users IMHO.

    It’s just like buying a beat up real one used 😂

  • You’re welcome. I saw it in new releases on appsliced.com and shared it. Once I saw no mention of any connectivity I was immediately leery. Some might be cool with that, but not for me. Hopefully it gets fixed and they add something so you can use it with other apps.

  • Are hardware versions really 7.5k !!!

  • @senhorlampada said:
    Oh... never mind :lol: 2 iOS versions bigger than I can use :lol:

    samey same :(

  • @BiancaNeve said:
    Are hardware versions really 7.5k !!!

    I’ve seen $15k but around $7.5 is more common. 🤑

  • edited October 8

    Got this from dev this morning:

    “Hi and thanks for the feedback.
    The app is not completely ready yet, I honestly didn't think anyone would find it on the appstore before I announced it officially, looks like I was wrong haha. Look out for an update today or tomorrow (currently awaiting apple review).”

    I’ll report back once I’ve taken a look at the update. It may be useful to some extent as it is now but hopefully this update will iron out some wrinkles.

  • @BiancaNeve said:
    Are hardware versions really 7.5k !!!

    It’s quite insane TBH. In years past I’ve owned a few of them. Two of my buddies still have one. IMO, anything over say, $1500 is nuts. Very cool machines…. but $7000!?!?! It’s not that cool. People have lost their goddamn minds.

  • It's because some hip hop artists made great stuff with them, and it becomes the magic formula for success :lol:
    Same with the SP-303. You find some really pricey ones

  • I was watching the series Hip Hop Evolution on Netflix. In just about every shot of a producer's studio there was at least one SP-1200 and often more than one.

  • No connectivity? As in no midi? I’ve been waiting a long time to instabuy this. Don’t mind waiting till it works though. Got a Uc33 and an LPD8 so I should be able to make my own ghetto sp1200

  • @J_B said:
    No connectivity? As in no midi? I’ve been waiting a long time to instabuy this. Don’t mind waiting till it works though. Got a Uc33 and an LPD8 so I should be able to make my own ghetto sp1200

    I used an LPD8 with the Mac version. When it worked it was great. I’m really hoping the dev gets the iOS version working properly. 😎👍🏼

  • @anickt said:

    @J_B said:
    No connectivity? As in no midi? I’ve been waiting a long time to instabuy this. Don’t mind waiting till it works though. Got a Uc33 and an LPD8 so I should be able to make my own ghetto sp1200

    I used an LPD8 with the Mac version. When it worked it was great. I’m really hoping the dev gets the iOS version working properly. 😎👍🏼

    I’m pretty hyped for it. I really really want to try out the sp1200 thing. Fader workflow looks fun as hell but I’m just not invested in it enough for a full blown 1200, even the 2400 is pretty expensive so an app is perfect for me. Might hit up the dev and ask a few questions

  • @J_B said:
    No connectivity? As in no midi? I’ve been waiting a long time to instabuy this. Don’t mind waiting till it works though. Got a Uc33 and an LPD8 so I should be able to make my own ghetto sp1200

    When us Audiobussers say “no connectivity” we are typically referring to AUV3 plugin capability.

Sign In or Register to comment.