Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Examples of modulating the grain start point in Tardigrain

First you will hear the original audio montage of the first parody ad I made for my Memory Collection 10 (audio samples from public domain movies).

I imported it in Tardigrain granular synth. As it is a somewhat long sample, the grain start point is modulated by the Y axis of the piano strip. There are 3 examples of granular mayhem following the original sample.

Note that I have used a color filter, so these are not the actual exact colors of the apps.

Comments

• nice. how do you map the start point to the vertical strip?

• @mikewb you access the modulation panel by tapping here:

You then change the destination in one of the four slots by dragging the name until it says "Grain Start", and assign the source by tapping the icon above it. There are two for vertical movement, relative and absolute:

• Thanks so much! That’s awesome.

• Glad you like the examples guys and gals!

@NoiseFloored Thanks for posting the screenshots, I had prepared one but you beat me to it!

• yes, been having fun based on the demo. I set my sample start and sample end together and modulated them both at the same time which makes a very nice scrub effect.

• @mikewb said:
    yes, been having fun based on the demo. I set my sample start and sample end together and modulated them both at the same time which makes a very nice scrub effect.

Cool!
    Tardigrain has several modulation sources and destinations that are fun to explore!

• @zvon thank you for this example! Definitely always mean to explore tardigrain more (sounds fantastic!) just haven’t quite found the time or motivation. This is helping with the latter. Thanks!

• @stown said:
    @zvon thank you for this example! Definitely always mean to explore tardigrain more (sounds fantastic!) just haven’t quite found the time or motivation. This is helping with the latter. Thanks!

You're welcome!
    Glad to boost your motivation

• Sweet trick. Thanks for the vid.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredrt You’re welcome!

I created a few presets that I may release for free when I have the time to finalize them.