Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Universal Audio announces line of bus powered interfaces (iPhone and iPad compatible)

We finally get a bit of that UA sound on iPads. Pricing isn’t bad at all

https://www.uaudio.com/audio-interfaces/volt.html

Comments

• @YZJustDatGuy

I had a look.
    It looks good and sounds on paper.

Sounds like it’ll be worth a closer look.

Thank you.

• Straight From Mitch!

• With those timber sides it has to sound good!!

• ok this looks great. the built in compressor could be something awesome. kinda wish they would have added more control over it and charged another 50$ but oh well.

• edited October 2021

Wow, clocking in at even cheaper than the Black Lion Revolution I bought just a month ago. I love it, but if I’d known this was coming out with dedicated vocal and guitar compressors, plus curious about that vintage function, I might have waited. I don’t feel like an idiot since I got something quality, but this is how music GAS gets you. There’s rarely a hint of what’s coming soon from any company. It’s just boom! Announced and on sale buy immediately.

Same thing happened when I bought the UA Astral pedal. A week later, new Strymon modulation pedal that can do all the same things that isn’t simply an emulation of classic hardware.

• Can these drive Shure SM7B without cloudlifter?

• Are the compressors hardware - in that, no software required?

• No software required for sure... it looks like all functions are available from the front panel, so most likely no app companion for routing etc. 3 presets for the comp and on/off switch for input modelling. Pretty barebones, but the price isn’t too bad for a iPad (pro only) powered audio/midi interface. Though a transparent interface + MixBox probably way more practical.

• @0tolerance4silence said:
    No software required for sure... it looks like all functions are available from the front panel, so most likely no app companion for routing etc. 3 presets for the comp and on/off switch for input modelling. Pretty barebones, but the price isn’t too bad for a iPad (pro only) powered audio/midi interface. Though a transparent interface + MixBox probably way more practical.

Thanks!

• These look interesting! No mention anywhere that those preamp inputs are actually mic/line/inst. combo inputs, you have to watch Mitch’s video to get that info. Otherwise I’d have thought it’s a dual mic preamp only and no hi-z.

@ipadbeatmaking what do you think about these?

• @JoyceRoadStudios said:
    These look interesting! No mention anywhere that those preamp inputs are actually mic/line/inst. combo inputs, you have to watch Mitch’s video to get that info. Otherwise I’d have thought it’s a dual mic preamp only and no hi-z.

@ipadbeatmaking what do you think about these?

Hey @JoyceRoadStudios I did a video yesterday here with some details on my thoughts:

In summary I’m a little underwhelmed at another entry level interface with a ‘one button gimmick’ that happens to have iOS compatibility. I’m sure it sounds good for the price so that’s a good thing, but still, I’d rather we had a full 1176 or La2a/3a on board instead of a couple little presets.

Apogee Symphony (albeit much more expensive) is truly outstanding with this. I never expected to like the onboard plugins/dsp but the thing is amazing!! In competent hands you can skip all plugins except reverb/delay in the DAW for the tracking and mix phase which is amazing! It’s like having the real hardware when tracking. I’d like more companies to follow this approach, instead of yet another entry level interface.

And I don’t like what appears to be them hiding the specifications so far. Until I see otherwise, my thoughts are get a M2/M4 and mixbox or shoot up to the high high end RME/Apogee (not duet) etc and don’t deal with anything in between.

The Audient Mkii stuff is nice, but weak on gain for dynamic mics and has powering issues and glitches that are iOS specific that the Motu never has, so I’d skip it for mission critical stuff.

• @soundtemple said:
    With those timber sides it has to sound good!!

I do enjoy some wood on a piece of hardware.