Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Blackhole reverb AUv3 midi effect

When pulling up my list of AUv3 effects to add to a track, Blackhole shows up but then right underneath it, Blackhole (MIDI) shows up as well. Does anyone know what the difference is between the MIDI version ? Benefits to using it etc.?

Comments

• @Bassey said:
    When pulling up my list of AUv3 effects to add to a track, Blackhole shows up but then right underneath it, Blackhole (MIDI) shows up as well. Does anyone know what the difference is between the MIDI version ? Benefits to using it etc.?

The difference is midi control. AU marked as MIDI can receive MIDI.

• So basically I can control the parameters of the reverb using knobs or sliders on a controller?

• @espiegel123 said:

@Bassey said:

The difference is midi control. AU marked as MIDI can receive MIDI.

Thanks for the info!

• That's weird. Why would you bother including a non-MIDI-controllable version of the effect?

• @celtic_elk said:
    That's weird. Why would you bother including a non-MIDI-controllable version of the effect?

So I just saw this comment in the a Facebook group.

“ As far as I know it’s the same plug-in. The midi version allows you to automate it in hosts that don’t support automating auv3 effects, like Nanostudio 2, from a midi track.”

• @Bassey said:

@celtic_elk said:
    That's weird. Why would you bother including a non-MIDI-controllable version of the effect?

So I just saw this comment in the a Facebook group.

“ As far as I know it’s the same plug-in. The midi version allows you to automate it in hosts that don’t support automating auv3 effects, like Nanostudio 2, from a midi track.”

Ahhh, got it. Thanks for clarifying!

• There are two different types of AUv3 that are audio effects types. They are designated by "aufx" for effect and "aumf" for a MIDI effect. You are supposed to mark those that work with MIDI as well as an "aumf", but at least at one point most DAW's didn't recognize the AU's marked as aumf. So, some devs added both aufx and aumf designated plugins in the app bundle even if they did the same thing.