Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Synthdrum Kick and drum computer sugarbytes

With many instances of Sugarbytes Drum Computer running in Aum, how do I get my kick in DC to trigger the Synthdrum Kick app?

Comments

• Havent used ipad since about May. Decided to install sb drum to help. If sb drum can only be 1 midi channel. Then maybe deselect all other sb drum tracks in settings, where it says midi out. Then the sb drum that will be highlighted midi out ( in settings ) and sb drum, pointed at your other app, in the aum matrix. Then turn volume down of that track. So the sequence will be midi out but no sb drum audio engine?

• Or just use sb drum as a midi app in a midi channel strip in aum but think the other way you would still be able to tweak the audio engines of sb drum, whilst tweaking the sequence of synthdrum kick from an sb drum screen/app.

• Ok awesome I’m at work so I will try of these later

• Thinks das it. If sb drum is omni. Sidekick omni. Just point sb drum to sidekick in aum. Settings in sb drum. Deselect all midi out outputs. Leave a track with midi out. Turn down volume.

• Point to other app in aum like how? In the effect slot for Sb drum Synthdrum doesn’t show up

• Hi. If you press the reverse S next to the dsp bar in Aum. Drum computer should be available at the top of the matrix box and also to the right of the matrix box. Dont have the other app but checked with Estoric synth. This will only show on the right of the matrix. Which would be ok. If synthdrum kick only appears on right of matrix. Just route sb drum to synth kick.

Theres other ways to route. Like selecting the burger icon in each aum channel but I just use matrix.

It should work. Maybe someone will have a better idea as Im having to relearn how to turn ipad on etc but think this is the way when seeing what sb drum has for its settings. Synthdrum kick would obviously be driven by midi, if it dosent have a sequencer.

Dont open synthdrum as an effect but another audio channel. Same as sb drum.

• Awesome that worked!

• Awesome Tally. Does it seem cool, you can sequence kick drum from an sb drum screen and on same screen sequence and tweak audio engine of other sb drum computer. If I need a better kick with sb drum. Will use same method.

• Also. If you didnt know. Where you said you got loads of drum computer instances. Sb drum ( like some other apps ) has multi out audio. When you open an sb drum ( and keeping the setup we made ) apart from maybe moving the sequencing of synth drum kick to the last track on the sb drum screen . Sb drum would be an aum channel obviously. Then open another aum channel and instead of choosing another audio unit ( another sb drum ). Choose multi bus audio unit instances and sb drum. This 2nd channel in aum now will be the audio of the second channel of sb drum. With your setup including synthdrum kick. Just keep repeating making aum tracks and multi audio unit instances and then the synthdrum kick being the last possible channel. So 6 additional multi out sb drum and 1 synthdrum kick. Any sb drum you select from any channel in aum, will always be the same version and the same tweakable . Not doing so would be high cpu. Having to remember what sb drum you are on in relation to aum tracks and no way of adding effects on a per track basis. For instance you could of added a compressor to just the kick in sb drum track to beef up the kick. Then another effect on another part like a snare. Effects on a per track basis. Like where you added synthdrum kick to sb drum. The aum effects slots.

**( sb drum = sb drum computer ) **

• And adding your own effects. You need to make sure you switch off sb drum computer effects. Pretty much starting with an innit patch.

Das it.

• I’m trying to get the midi triggered by sugarbytes to pitch shift up +2 for Synthdrum. I guess I have to do this from sugarbytes dc, but how?

• @Tally said:
    I’m trying to get the midi triggered by sugarbytes to pitch shift up +2 for Synthdrum. I guess I have to do this from sugarbytes dc, but how?

Use StreamByter in between? This would transpose notes up by 2 semitones:

If MT < A0        # handle note off/on
      Mat M1 = M1 + 2     # note value up 2 semi
    End

Add $24 if you actually want 2 octaves.