Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Thumper Mobile Edition (Apple Arcade)

This is one of my favourite VR games. And it translates to iOS devices beautifully.

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/thumper-pocket-edition/id1573868980

Being a rhythm game it’s only loosely connected to the Audiobus community, but it’s such a wonderfully trance like experience, it’s great for those times when you need to to escape the music production loop and come back to it with fresh ears.

Comments

• Fact about this game is that one of the dev is Lightning Bolt bass player Brian Gibson

• Thanks, looks cool.

• @Agatha_aga

Thanks for that interview with the developers, it's ace. Brian Gibson's viewpoints are so close to my own. I worked in advertising for many years, and that whole commercial art dynamic can be very suffocating in the long term, and you find yourself having to start breakout projects, quite literally to protect your sanity.

• Thumper is immersive rhythm-game exhilaration on every platform I’ve tried it on. Highly recommended.

• @jonmoore said:
    This is one of my favourite VR games. And it translates to iOS devices beautifully.

Being a rhythm game it’s only loosely connected to the Audiobus community, but it’s such a wonderfully trance like experience, it’s great for those times when you need to to escape the music production loop and come back to it with fresh ears.

Sounds interesting! So you don't need a VR headset or anything for this?

• @Gavinski said:

@jonmoore said:

Sounds interesting! So you don't need a VR headset or anything for this?

No, it functions perfectly on recent generation Apple hardware. The developers originally designed Thumper for game consoles. It's just that Thumper translates so well to VR that the VR version of Thumper has been a hit on every VR platform (where it's available). In much the same way that Superhot was designed for standard consoles and then came to life in VR.