Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Concert in Sheffield Oct 6 w/ Khomus, Live Coding, Modular Synths, Guitar & Algorithmic Orchestra!

Also drum machines, vocals and projected visuals that are generated by code, but that didn't fit in the title.

I'll be performing with my wife, Saydyy Kuo, who is an incredible performer of the ethnic/shamanic instrument from Sakha (North Siberia) 'Khomus'. The compositions are all based on her visions for presenting her home culture on an international stage.

The venue is an incredible converted church, which looks amazing! the sound and visuals should be incredible. This is the link to info on the venue: https://performancevenues.group.shef.ac.uk/venue/drama-studio/

Here are some relevant links for event info:
https://www.sensoria.org.uk/events/udagan/

Ticketing:
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/udagan-tickets-169344250211

The codebase I've developed that will be used for the concert is open source and hosted here:
https://github.com/OscarSouth/udagan-sensoria-concert

By executing this code I'll sequence an orchestra from an Alesis NanoSynth. Original orchestrations that I've written myself. They are valid orchestrations that could be performed by a real orchestra (and I hope they will be in the future!). The iOS processing I'm using isn't too deep this time -- some EQ nodes, a light compressor (AUFX Push) and a Thafknar instance. Mainly in support of the live coding elements.

Sharing info here in case someone would be located in a reasonable distance from the venue and would like to attend such a rare event of singularly unique content!

Oscar

Comments

• Looks wicked, will try to see this event.

• Looks like a fantastic event. I'm hoping to be there for SensoriaPro on Friday the 8th so will most likely not be able to get to Sheffield on Wednesday evening (I'm based in Northamptonshire so it's a bit too much of a trek for two visits this week).

Best of for the event. It sounds like an alluring combination of musical influences.

The venue sounds like it has fantastic acoustics too, so hopefully, someone will film the event.

• Why is this in "General App Discussion"? Most of us don't live in Sheffield :smiley:

• Sounds really interesting - good luck with it.

• edited October 2021

@Toastedghost said:
    Looks wicked, will try to see this event.

Awesome! Yeah it's definitely rare for opportunities to perform repertoire like this to concert theatres to come about.

@jonmoore said:
    Looks like a fantastic event. I'm hoping to be there for SensoriaPro on Friday the 8th so will most likely not be able to get to Sheffield on Wednesday evening (I'm based in Northamptonshire so it's a bit too much of a trek for two visits this week).

Best of for the event. It sounds like an alluring combination of musical influences.

The venue sounds like it has fantastic acoustics too, so hopefully, someone will film the event.

Thank you! Hope you enjoy the SensoriaPro event. I've been too immersed in writing and rehearsing through this duration to have a look into it really. I guess I'll take a look on Thursday!

I've also communicated with the organisers recently and they are planning for a videographer to attend the event, so hopefully I'll be able to share footage in the future!

@Simon said:
    Why is this in "General App Discussion"? Most of us don't live in Sheffield :smiley:

I've been posting to general app discussion since March 2016 and I don't intend to change now :p

@PhilW said:
    Sounds really interesting - good luck with it.

Thanks very much! :)

• edited October 2021

@OscarSouth said:
    I've been posting to general app discussion since March 2016 and I don't intend to change now :p

Great attitude.

"Respect Other's Heratige"... laughable.

• @Simon said:

@OscarSouth said:

Great attitude.

"Respect Other's Heratige"... laughable.

:D

• edited October 2021

Also self-quoting some general app discussion in original post just to be safe, because I can never tell how serious some people are actually being:

@OscarSouth said:
    The iOS processing I'm using isn't too deep this time -- some EQ nodes, a light compressor (AUFX Push) and a Thafknar instance. Mainly in support of the live coding elements.

• I'm disappointed to find out that this gig is not in the football team Sheffield Wednesday as the thread title promised.

Sounds amazing though, good luck @OscarSouth, and do post the videos afterwards if you're able to.

• @drcongo said:
    I'm disappointed to find out that this gig is not in the football team Sheffield Wednesday as the thread title promised.

Sounds amazing though, good luck @OscarSouth, and do post the videos afterwards if you're able to.

Haha, I never even thought of that!!!

There will be documentation and it will be shared!

• It’s today!!!

There’s also an article in a regional arts and culture journal that has been published yesterday related to this event and the project:

https://www.ourfaveplaces.co.uk/meet-the-locals/udagan/

Additionally, here is the repo link for all the codebase that is being used to generate sound and visual at this event:
    https://github.com/OscarSouth/udagan-sensoria-concert

I’ll share some photos when I have them and a link to video documentation when that is published :)

• I love this concept ... do you have any recordings\videos of previous gigs?

• @OscarSouth bit far for me to travel but good luck!

• edited October 2021

Here are some images that have come back from this concert. I'll share any video clips that show up too in a separate message.