Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Light - Sleeping At Last cover (all iOS) - detailed app breakdown

edited May 2014 in Creations

Hi everyone! This is a cover my wife and I did of the song "Light" by Sleeping at Last.

The process:

First, I created the drum track in DM1.

Then I brought the drum track into Cubasis via AudioCopy.

Next, I used my M-Audio Keystation 88ES midi controller to record the piano track via AudioBus. I used SampleTank (Old Upright Piano) in the input, Crystalline in the filter slot, and Cubasis in the output.

Next I recorded a bass track, again routing SampleTank (J Bass Pick Amp) into Cubasis via AudioBus.

Then I recorded my wife's vocals. The mic is a Behringer B-1, and I used my Zoom R8 as an audio interface and recorded directly into Cubasis.

Finally, I wanted to add an arpeggio-style synth track. Unfortunately, when I created my Cubasis track, I forgot to set the tempo to the tempo of the drum track, so it was stuck at 120, haha!

So, instead of using the piano-roll midi editor in Cubasis, I used Genome to sequence Magellan via AudioBus into Cubasis.

Hope you enjoy!

Comments

• Nice tune but the vocals seem a bit on the quiet side and get lost in the mix in places.

Thanks for the detailed app breakdown and workflow - always good to read how other work. :)

• Yeah, you're absolutely right about the level of the vocals. I'll have to watch out for that in the future!