Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Rocktober Jam #2 - -=Psychedelic Tendencies=-

edited October 2021 in Creations

Been a while since I posted a visual piece. VS - Visual Synthesizer by Imaginando obviously used here, but can you name anything else?

disclaimer: no GeoSWAM tenor saxophones were harmed during the making of this film!

Comments

• Gotta remember to tag @sinosoidal here, and Imaginando on YT so they’ll see my little VS creation ❤️

• Think I prefer this to Jam #1 @Edward_Alexander , found it very catchy despite, or perhaps because it’s a bit simpler? No idea about the apps.

• @GeoTony said:
    Think I prefer this to Jam #1 @Edward_Alexander , found it very catchy despite, or perhaps because it’s a bit simpler? No idea about the apps.

Thanks Tony! I like this one a lot more because it’s actually a lot more “musical” I think. Maybe a little more “feeling” went into it as well, as I came up with the melody parts while I was in the shower lol

• @Edward_Alexander said:
    Been a while since I posted a visual piece. VS - Visual Synthesizer by Imaginando obviously used here, but can you name anything else?

disclaimer: no GeoSWAM tenor saxophones were harmed during the making of this film!

Another awesome jam. Love it !

• I have no idea what the talkbox/ vocoder app is, but I love what it adds to this. Definitely enjoy the upbeat feeling . Whatever you used to make this, it worked!👍

• @Thepixelproducers said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

Another awesome jam. Love it !

Thank you for listening! 🙏

• edited October 2021

@MadeofWax said:
    I have no idea what the talkbox/ vocoder app is, but I love what it adds to this. Definitely enjoy the upbeat feeling . Whatever you used to make this, it worked!👍

Thanks!

Fun little jam, I don’t know why I thought that a “guess the app” thing would be fun. I reckon those are only fun if one is using a really obscure app; one that nobody would ever guess.

This Jam was the usual suspects:

1. AUM hosting
    2. Electric Vintage EP
    3. Hammerhead Rhythm Station (sequenced by Atom 2)
    4. FlowTones synth (w/ @Poppadocrock’s “Formant Bass” preset)
    5. BASSalicious 2 (PureSynth Platinum) for another bass line
    6. Synthmaster 2
    7. PureSynth Platinum (the “Half Wah” preset)

A handful of effects such as the Rhino amp sim beta (which I LOVE❤️ !)

Also, Blackhole, FAC Alteza, Lunar Lander, and Other Desert Cities beta all being used at some points.

Several instances of Atom 2 driving things. I say “driving” because “sequencing” sounds so unnatural. Atom 2 facilitates live MIDI recording perfectly so most of my stuff has parts that are actually “played” in live with one of my MIDI controllers (usually my Launchpad Pro MK3, or sometimes I’ll use my Deepmind 12 synth as a controller) the MIDI captured and recorded, then, more times than not, looped, depending on the piece. Sometimes it’ll be something like a 4 or 8 bar loop, other times it might be something really longer that only “loops” maybe once or twice.

Anyway, thanks again for listening! Now it’s on to the next big thing!…

@GeoTony @Thepixelproducers @MadeofWax

• How come nobody mentioned that I was ripping off a song by The Who from 1979? lmao 🤣

(Someone on YT made the connection!)

Singing the lyrics from the verses actually fit perfectly “Out here in the fields… I fight for my meals…”

• Btw, I doubt anyone noticed, but the “lead” part, was synchronized starting on the upbeat the first time around, then followed up with it starting on the downbeat after that. Sort of out of the pocket at first, then settles in the pocket.

It wasn’t intended, just that I launched that particular instance of Atom 2 a little too soon the first time.

• I did. If you do it twice, it's not a mistake. No such thing as a mistake in an original composition. I enjoyed it very much.

• Missed this first time around. Glad you revived it. Drums worked great on this one.

• @shinyisshiny said:
    cool jam!

Thanks!

@Paulieworld said:
    I did. If you do it twice, it's not a mistake. No such thing as a mistake in an original composition. I enjoyed it very much.

I’m happy someone noticed! 😀

I think it’s original enough, but I may have been channeling my inner Daltry/Townshend lol

• @LinearLineman said:
    Missed this first time around. Glad you revived it. Drums worked great on this one.

I’m rather proud of that drum track, as it’s one I actually wrote. Composing drum lines with Atom 2 is a lot of fun too! Of course it helps having a nice selection of drum samples. In this piece, I used the “Acoustic” drum samples included in Hammerhead Rhythm Staton.

Thanks for the ears Mike!

• @Edward_Alexander said:

@shinyisshiny said:
    cool jam!

Thanks!

@Paulieworld said:
    I did. If you do it twice, it's not a mistake. No such thing as a mistake in an original composition. I enjoyed it very much.

I think it’s original enough, but I may have been channeling my inner Daltry/Townshend lol

If you hadn't mentioned Baba O'Reilly, I probably wouldn't have even noticed. But then again... I'm wasted!

• @Paulieworld said:

@Edward_Alexander said:

@shinyisshiny said:
    cool jam!

Thanks!

@Paulieworld said:

If you hadn't mentioned Baba O'Reilly, I probably wouldn't have even noticed. But then again... I'm wasted!

Yeah, someone on YouTube brought it up, and ever since, I cannot un-hear it!

• Someone on YouTube? Ask them to play their original composition!
    You'll get over it!

• Also missed this one. Really good man!

A bit disappointed I did not get to shine with knowing (suspecting) one part was FlowTones. :)