Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM -> Cubasis3 8 track limit?

edited October 2021 in App Tips and Tricks

Hi there

I hope someone can help here.

My setup is as follows:-

1. Cirklon as master clock / transport + sequencer
  2. Cirklon is driving modular system
  3. Modular system is sending 12 tracks out to my audio interface (master L+R, 6 x mono, 4 x stereo) via DB 25.
  4. Audio interface is connected to iPad Pro
  5. iPad is running audiobus (to sync transport and clock to iOS apps)
  6. audiobus is running AUM which a track set up for each incoming audio track.
  7. each AUM track has its own name (for example kick, synth 1, etc)
  8. MX 12 midi controller is controlling AUM

Now..

I want to run Cubasis 3 recording all 12 tracks at the same time - each as a different track - so i can mix later. Ideally Cubasis is recording pre-fader.

However when i try and route an audio track inside Cubasis i only see AUM track 1 - 8. Not the 12 tracks i have set up in AUM.

Also the AUM names for each track are not displayed (i.e. it does not show Track 1 - kick or whatever, it just shows Track 1 in Cubasis - this makes me think AUM and Cubasis are not actually connected.

So..

1. Is there an 8 track limit between AUM?
  2. I cant see the AUM track name in AUM. Is this correct?
  3. Am i setting this up correctly? audiobus->AUM->Cubasis 3 OR should i routed 1) audiobus->AUM and then 2) audiobus into Cubasis 3

I am fairly new to iOS eco system - and i would like to
figure this out becuase i really dont want to sit there with a computer (messing around with a computer is my day job and I dont want to mix work with pleasure).

(I know i can record direct from AUM (which is post fader) and then import later into Cubasis or whatever but i want see if we can solve above)

(i know i can skip AUM and record direct into Cubasis but Cubasis has poor MIDI controller support and i dont want to be controlling faders from the iPad / Cubasis direct - i have the MX12 for that).

I am not particulary tied to Cubasis 3 so if there is another iOS DAW that will work then fine.

Anyway let me know your thoughts / help please.

Thanks in advance.

Russell

Comments

• Why not just record all the tracks in AUM then import the stems into Cubasis?

• @Strizbiz said:
    Why not just record all the tracks in AUM then import the stems into Cubasis?

yes - and thats what i am doing. I just hate a problem unsolved. Is it a limitation of Cubasis3 or am i configuring it incorrect.

• @rsillsley said:

@Strizbiz said:
    Why not just record all the tracks in AUM then import the stems into Cubasis?

yes - and thats what i am doing. I just hate a problem unsolved. Is it a limitation of Cubasis3 or am i configuring it incorrect.

I think AUM only lets you send 8 tracks via IAA , you can only route 8 tracks from AUM using Auria pro and Mulitrack Daw Also🤷🏽‍♂️. Maybe it has something to do with Apple? It’s not you though.

• AUM only presents 8 outputs. That is the source of that limitation. It probably doesn’t export the track names either, though I can’t say that for sure. It could be a limitation of Cubasis, but I’ve never seen AUM track names in other apps, so I tend to think it’s a limitation of either AUM or possibly of IAA itself. I’m afraid there’s nothing you can do.

• @wim said:
    AUM only presents 8 outputs. That is the source of that limitation. It probably doesn’t export the track names either, though I can’t say that for sure. It could be a limitation of Cubasis, but I’ve never seen AUM track names in other apps, so I tend to think it’s a limitation of either AUM or possibly of IAA itself. I’m afraid there’s nothing you can do.

thanks!!! Will record direct and then import into something!

Have a great Saturday.

Russell