Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy Pro: FIRST LOOK

Comments

• @Pandan said:
    Thanks for this first look! I’m hyped!

I love samplebot’s sequencer. That it looks like a beefed up version of it is what Loopy Pro’s sequencer looks like is so very exciting. Will we be able to export the stems we make in it?

Yep!

• @Sawiton said:
    I didn’t follow the old thread much. This looks amazing! And very, very nice video!

I know it is a lot to ask, but if folks could search in the other thread instead of asking "does it do this?" in this announcement thread then we could permit Michael to keep working instead of answering already answered questions.

• I saw the other thread about pricing suggestions. Have you settled on a price for the Drambo Killer*?

*copyright 2021 all rights reserved

• @Simon said:
    I saw the other thread about pricing suggestions. Have you settled on a price for the Drambo Killer*?

*copyright 2021 all rights reserved

Hehe. No, still working on that one, but it’ll likely be more than $30US, less than $50. Something like that. Pre Xmas release, ideally pre Black Friday.

• @Michael said:
    Hehe. No, still working on that one, but it’ll likely be more than $30US, less than $50. Something like that. Pre Xmas release, ideally pre Black Friday.

Cool.

Yeah - pre Black Friday would be wise. In fact, I bet a few devs will go to "sale price mode" a week or two before the actual Friday to gerzump everybody else.

• Wow. Fantastic work, @Michael! Looking forward to having a go with this and my guitar rig.

• @Simon said:
    Let me be the first (and probably the last) to say this: THIS IS A DRAMBO KILLER!!! :wink:

Ah, I feel better now....

Nonono! It’s Drambos brother! They are an Duo now!

• @Simon said:

@Michael said:
    😅 And I was lip-syncing the whole time!

Interesting accent. What part of the USA do you come from? :wink:

Michael is an Aussieguy!

• edited October 2021

@ErrkaPetti said:
    Nonono! It’s Drambos brother! They are an Duo now!

Duo- schmuo. There can only be one winner!

This is King Kong vs. Godzilla.

Superman vs. Batman.

Ernie vs. Bert.

• Wow! Wow! Wow, what an energy in this community!!!!

• Holy crap, after seeing the video, this may finally be the dream solution to my notorious Linndrum sequencing. Only seriously this time. Def will participate in this beta. Bring it on

• Drambo LK AUM and loopy pro
    This might be the final destination
    My bags are packed and covid passport in hand

• I honestly have no clue why people 'kill' apps, this as one app very seldom completely replaces another...

Per say Drambo is not a 'looper' so it will more than likely serve as a superior sound source to Loopy Pro :sunglasses:

Both Drambo & LoopyPro will compete in the 'AUv3 Host' category against the likes of AUM and ApeMatrix and for some BM3 and Cubasis etc.

I personally have a hard time seeing people use AudioBus after LoopyPro arrives...
    ...that will be an interesting challenge for @Michael to motivate why the AudioBus still has exists after LoopyPro arrives :wink:

My guess is that LoopyPro will be released before the next major Drambo update (not 100% on this) so things look very interesting indeed!

• edited October 2021

Goodby Mac/PC..So long desktop

• @Samu said:
    I honestly have no clue why people 'kill' apps, this as one app very seldom completely replaces another...

Because we are awful. :wink:

• On the other hand, I can’t wait to get this on desktop!

@Telstar5 said:
    Goodby Mac/PC..So long desktop

• Holy crap, it looks amazing @Michael :)

Respect.

• edited October 2021

wow ! this changes everything.

• @Simon said:

@Samu said:
    I honestly have no clue why people 'kill' apps, this as one app very seldom completely replaces another...

Because we are awful. :wink:

That, and also the infantile, by which I mean understandable, urge to express extreme euphoria on a forum whose members already completely devalued most superlatives known to man. 😊

That being said, this app certainly looks like an instabuy of a game changer. Or the other way around.

• edited October 2021

Wen LoopyPro + Drambo… WEN LAMBO?!

• So am I understanding correctly that by being an AUv3 host, including MIDI tools like Xequence 2, and having the sequencer, it is basically a full DAW? Just instead of editing the MIDI in Loopy Pro’s sequencer, I’d edit in Xequence 2 and re-record into Loopy Pro?

• @Michael Looks incredible! Can audio be routed to it internally e.g. From AUM or is it just for microphone recorded sound?

• You look so young and cool! I thought you'd be a little older and crustier (like me).

Superb app. Looking forward to it very much.

• @fUnTcAsE said:
    it would be great if it was a free update loopy hd!!! but I guess not. Very sad!!!!!! ☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️

I think Michael is quite right to charge for this, and I am happy to pay. He has clearly put loads of work into it! And around $50 for software like this? Might seem expensive for iOS apps but compared to any other DAW (let's call it what it is) it's not very much...

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Wow!!!!! Hard labor pays off. This looks great @Michael . Congrats so happy to see this finally alive.

• Looks like an absolute powerhouse and beautifully done. Great job and congratulations, Michael!

• @fUnTcAsE said:
    it would be great if it was a free update loopy hd!!! but I guess not. Very sad!!!!!! ☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️

C'mon. I'm really trying not to be outright rude, but this attitude is ridiculous and exactly why iOS development isn't sustainable. Would you work in perpetuity after one paycheck? When you pay for an app, you're paying for it as it is at that point in time, with the only right of expectation of having it function as described. You're entitled to bug fixes and nothing more. Any further development and ongoing improvements outside of IAP expansions should be appreciated for the gifts from the developer that they are.

YEARS of love, sweat, and tears have obviously gone into Loopy Pro. It looks absolutely amazing and well worth the modest proposed asking price.

This discussion has been closed.