Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopy Pro: FIRST LOOK

Comments

• There's a lot to digest here. I already have a few questions (but you're probably overwhelmed with questions at the moment so no rush).

Regarding the sequencer, can we sequence the activation of widgets (in other words, automate them)? And can we sequence playback commands of the sequencer itself? (sounds complicated, what I mean is for example the sequencer automatically pauses or jumps somewhere in the sequence when it reaches a particular point in the sequence). Thanks.

• @Korakios said:

@Michael said:

@ashh said:
    So is this for live instruments like a guitar and samples but not for plugins? Or all of the above? And will it work with Audioshare?

All of the above. AUv3 only though.

and instruments too ? <3

Yep. See around 2:57

• @ASBM said:
    There's a lot to digest here. I already have a few questions (but you're probably overwhelmed with questions at the moment so no rush).

Regarding the sequencer, can we sequence the activation of widgets (in other words, automate them)? And can we sequence playback commands of the sequencer itself? (sounds complicated, what I mean is for example the sequencer automatically pauses or jumps somewhere in the sequence when it reaches a particular point in the sequence). Thanks.

In v1.1, yes to both - i was aiming to have full automation tracks (including actions) in the sequencer but i’ve decided to draw the line where it’s currently at and just get it out to people first.

• So excited to dive in! Looks awesome…recording in timeline is great!

• @Simon said:
    Let me be the first (and probably the last) to say this: THIS IS A DRAMBO KILLER!!! :wink:

Ah, I feel better now....

Hey, I’ve been using them side by side. They compliment each other perfectly!

• man this is Jam pack full of goodies. That slicer sounds awesome..divided by transients, that's getting close to ableton live! Love the idea of the scratch pad, ive wondered why no one has done this. There is an app called baby scratch I always wondered why no one else took this into the iaa or auv world. I just love the way you say "scratch pad" with so much enthusiasm! And the fact you can leave the tracks in the daw section and record new loops and not even have to trigger them, this is game changing. So many things in this is game changing. I might have to sell my aeros loop studio

• Congrats Michael! This is beautiful :)

• ***absolute madness intensifies

• OMG. Unbelievable.

• @Michael congrats man.. so much attention to detail. Insta purchase .

Can I please ask a question. Will i be able to do the following using this..

1. Loop a beat at the start of a song. Say four bars
    2. Once I start singing over that beat, trigger a pre recorded and pre loaded track like a bass line etc, that i imported into the session before starting the song
    3. Have that pre recorded track synch tempo wise with the fresh loop created at the start of the song
    4. Set up playlists so that I can dive into new songs with pre recorded tracks in songs on the fly whilst on stage

?

This is a new set up I’m trying to create for my future shows without having to use Ableton/computers on stage … been there and done that.. hopping to stay iPad only.

Thank you 🙏

• Minimum iOS version? I'm wondering if this will work with my iPad Air 1 (which only goes up to iOS 12.x).

• edited October 2021

@theinfinate said:
    man this is Jam pack full of goodies. That slicer sounds awesome..divided by transients, that's getting close to ableton live! Love the idea of the scratch pad, ive wondered why no one has done this. There is an app called baby scratch I always wondered why no one else took this into the iaa or auv world. I just love the way you say "scratch pad" with so much enthusiasm! And the fact you can leave the tracks in the daw section and record new loops and not even have to trigger them, this is game changing. So many things in this is game changing. I might have to sell my aeros loop studio

I sold mine right after its release for an iPad Pro used and never looked back. My first looper was a boomerang, then i tried devices with more and more digital quality of life features until I arrived at Aeros loop studio and the second I tried it out I was thinking, man, this is all digital, why not just by a computer with good looping software. So I got an iPad Pro and since 2 years I’m searching for the right looper app.

• @JackRubinacci said:
    @Michael congrats man.. so much attention to detail. Insta purchase .

2. Once I start singing over that beat, trigger a pre recorded and pre loaded track like a bass line etc, that i imported into the session before starting the song
    3. Have that pre recorded track synch tempo wise with the fresh loop created at the start of the song

Yep!

1. Set up playlists so that I can dive into new songs with pre recorded tracks in songs on the fly whilst on stage

Yep! You can set up a button widget or midi binding to load the next project in the current folder, for instance.

One thing that’s not going to be in 1.0, but is on the road map for after release is a range of cross-project transitions to make it seamless switching between them, too.

Loopy Pro streams all audio from disk, so loading projects is very fast though.

@dokwok2 said:
    Minimum iOS version? I'm wondering if this will work with my iPad Air 1 (which only goes up to iOS 12.x).

iOS 11, is the plan. It’ll be interesting to see how it runs on the air 1. My development machine is an air 2.

• This looks fantastic, Michael! I can’t wait to help with the beta testing.

• Looks truly stunning @Michael, you're the man!

• Goodness me, what an app - congratulations @Michael. It’s like a giant bag of shopping that you are struggling to carry.... packed full of goodies. Can’t wait to get it home and unpack.

• Just saw this on FB. Looks incredibly deep and useful. Congrats @Michael. No wonder it’s taken so long to develop.

• Looks insane. I never tried the original app (because I got into iOS around late 2018/early 2019) but this is so cool.

• Wow !!! That’s all i can say… love the idea of cross project transition .. that will help a lot on stage !!

thanks for taking the time to answer and I can’t wait to get a copy of this.. congrats again.

@Michael said:

@JackRubinacci said:
    @Michael congrats man.. so much attention to detail. Insta purchase .

Yep!

1. Set up playlists so that I can dive into new songs with pre recorded tracks in songs on the fly whilst on stage

Yep! You can set up a button widget or midi binding to load the next project in the current folder, for instance.

One thing that’s not going to be in 1.0, but is on the road map for after release is a range of cross-project transitions to make it seamless switching between them, too.

Loopy Pro streams all audio from disk, so loading projects is very fast though.

@dokwok2 said:
    Minimum iOS version? I'm wondering if this will work with my iPad Air 1 (which only goes up to iOS 12.x).

iOS 11, is the plan. It’ll be interesting to see how it runs on the air 1. My development machine is an air 2.

• edited October 2021

Top top stuff! never seen anything like this. Dream looper!

• edited October 2021

When is the Drambo Killer* going to be released?

*copyright 2021 all rights reserved

• I try to never get TOO hyped for things. But oh my god, Michael. This is a work of art.
    Amazing features. When your start listing them, I was ok with the first few, and you never stop :lol:
    Boy, oh boy... this is the ultra-gamechanger-must-have for the ages :open_mouth: :love:

And the design on this is so sexy

It seems you took SampleBot timeline and made it even better for Loopy Pro too :heart:

• Oh and you have an amazing on-screen presence @Michael

• @senhorlampada said:
    Oh and you have an amazing on-screen presence @Michael

😅 And I was lip-syncing the whole time!

• edited October 2021

i‘m not into sampling/looping stuff but i admit,it looks great.

• @Michael said:
    😅 And I was lip-syncing the whole time!

Interesting accent. What part of the USA do you come from? :wink:

• edited October 2021

Thanks for this first look! I’m hyped!

I love samplebot’s sequencer. That it looks like a beefed up version of it is what Loopy Pro’s sequencer looks like is so very exciting. Will we be able to export the stems we make in it?

• "Loops" amaaaaaazing!
    Loopy Pro as Output in AUM will be Gamechanger!

• With record triggers and slicing, this looks like it might be a great software alternative to the Octatrack.

• I didn’t follow the old thread much. This looks amazing! And very, very nice video!

This discussion has been closed.