Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Jackless people…show me your adapter collection

edited October 2021 in Other

…here‘s mine.

The first (black) one with charging port goes back,seems a little quiter and the shorter strips are more prone to twist and hanging to close to my ipad.And the plug sits uncomfortable tight in my ipad.They also claimed to deliver up to 384khz but nope…stuck on 48khz.

The grey one with charging port will stay.The amazon desciption didn‘t say anything but it also supports 44,1 khz.

Both adapters sound good though,very equal to the apple one.My old ears can‘t really hear a difference.Charging and listening together works (worth to note cause there are mixed reviews on every single adapter i spotted on amazon).

I appreciate that apple sells an adapter that doesn‘t cost a fortune (AND sounds good) but the small cable is laughable thin.I don‘t think it will last long.

Everything works no problem with the angled extensions as well (yes,i have an obsession for angled plugs 🤓)

oh,the last one (the black angled jack) was DOA.Pitty,cause i would prefer it over the apple one in situations i don‘t need a charger.

Last thing: yes,me too hated apples descision to kill jack of course but there is this one situation i actually like it a bit the way it is now: when you need to charge (more often then we like on crowded projects or….when using gadget) as well it was always two cables sticking out from the opposite site of the ipad.It‘s not too bad having it on one side only now,especially if you use gadget in portrait mode (which i adore,and it‘s the only music app i like to use in both orientations)

may i never lose or break one of them ✌️

Comments

• I use Bluetooth headphones. 🤣 Yeah, I know "What about the audio quality, what about the latency"? I still prefer to use Bluetooth headphones than use a dongle. 😬

• edited September 2021

one thing i always wondered: there are a pletora of blue tooth gaming headsets out there and playing games you would notice latency very well like in 3rd person shooter were quick reaction is required.I have an xbox and use wireless headsets and can‘t really notice latency.Where is the difference?

• edited October 2021

(And there’s waaaay more)

• It would be less of an issue if iOS/iPadOS actually supported and used aptX instead of Apples own 'thing'.
    I guess it's some kind of mobile licensing thing as macOS already supports aptX.

My AirPod 2's have more latency when connected to my MacMini than a 'off brand' aptX headset connected to the same MacMini...

• I’m not tut-tutting, but I wonder what the gender breakdown of this forum is. Pretty sure not everyone’s a “fella”, but also expect it to be overwhelmingly dudes. However, cementing that assumption will kinda… cement that assumption, won’t it?

• Dudes and their dongles! :wink:

• There's another name for them as well, clagnuts :sunglasses:

• edited October 2021

That’s my set of stuff.

• Sitecom C-386 USB-C hub with PD
    • Apple headphone adapter
    • Sharkoon Mobile DAC PD
    • Anker powered USB-A hub if I connect USB Midi gear
    • Poweradd 30W PD powerbank
    • Sennheiser IE 40 pro IEMs

Usually on the go I just use the Apple jack. The Sharkoon if I need to power the iPad. The hubs if I need to connect Midi gear.

• @Crabman said:
    one thing i always wondered: there are a pletora of blue tooth gaming headsets out there and playing games you would notice latency very well like in 3rd person shooter were quick reaction is required.I have an xbox and use wireless headsets and can‘t really notice latency.Where is the difference?

I use Arctis 7 wireless gaming headphones for music making, but they are wireless, not Bluetooth, very low latency. They have their own wireless transmitter dongle.

The older versions were usb-a, so could be plugged into a hub or cck (or analogue with a 3.5mm jack and a usb battery). The newer versions are usb-c, which possibly makes them less versatile if they take up your iPad port, but I don’t have these newer ones so can’t properly judge.

Interestingly (to me anyway), despite the received wisdom that you can only have one audio interface at a time, I found out by happy accident that in AUM I can use the wireless headphone out (over usb) whilst having my guitar/mic in from a second interface (both connected to the same hub). There’s some magic involved in the order of plugging things in though and how AUM is setup.

• @AlmostAnonymous said:

(And there’s waaaay more)

😂👍

@jebni said:
    I’m not tut-tutting, but I wonder what the gender breakdown of this forum is. Pretty sure not everyone’s a “fella”, but also expect it to be overwhelmingly dudes. However, cementing that assumption will kinda… cement that assumption, won’t it?

You are right,i apologize.I didn‘t pay attention to that (not my mother language as well).I wanted to write“victims“ first but had a feeling i would step on someone (else) toe with this.It‘s so easy to offend people by accident these days…

• I would but I lost em. Time to replace em all for the 3rd time. How this keeps happening I don’t know.

• Pretty minimal for me thankfully

• @jebni said:
    I’m not tut-tutting, but I wonder what the gender breakdown of this forum is. Pretty sure not everyone’s a “fella”, but also expect it to be overwhelmingly dudes. However, cementing that assumption will kinda… cement that assumption, won’t it?

It's ok to point it out. I use 'people'. Small steps and all that.

• edited October 2021

If anyone want to add to their dongle collection….this is working out of the box on iOS.

https://us.creative.com/p/speakers/creative-bt-w3

In aptx LL, it’s almost unnoticeable. I don’t have a way to measure, but I’m guessing it’s about ~20ms. I can really only gauge when the play head hits the note (and release) in the piano roll in atom.
    I’m using a shure rmce-bt2, and when switching to aptx HD, the lag is there (less than AirPods), then switch to LL, and it pretty much gone (with very little change is audio quality).

• Slightly tangential, but, I was up in the attic the other day and noticed that I have about three SCART leads, and also a SCART extender lead. Why haven’t I thrown them away? I know, some of those are RGB leads. But still, what about SCART leads hypnotises the owner into keeping them decades after their usefulness.

• edited October 2021

Because you know you’ll need them for something the day after you throw them out.
    “I’m never gonna need these 30 pin connectors or FireWire power adapters”

• https://www.qudelix.com/

I am regularly pushing the Qudelix 5K. Bluetooth and cabled. I love it.

Qudelix-5K Reference DAC/AMP

Qualcomm QCC5124 Bluetooth System-on-Chip

Dual ES9218P SABRE HiFi® DAC

3.5mm Unbalanced output max. 2.0V RMS

2.5mm Balanced output max. 4.0V RMS

aptX Adaptive, LDAC, AAC, aptX-HD, aptX, SBC

6 ~ 20 hours Battery Time (500mA Battery)

USB DAC 96KHz / 24-bit

10-band Double Precision PEQ/GEQ

High Sensitivity 3-dimensional LDS Antenna

Qualcomm® cVc™ noise cancellation technology

High Sensitivity MEMS Microphone

Companion mobile app iOS/Android

• Yeah i know it is not impressive but i would like to have one more adaptor.
    I would like one that splits the input and output so that i can connect my earphones/speakers to the output and a pietzo/lavalier mic to the input.

Any recommendations?