Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Here’s all the tips I learnt with using EG Pulse, and Segments in Garageband

Two apps created by Elliott Garage, with different uses. In this video, I’m revealing all the tips and tricks I’ve learnt using these apps.

">

Includes -
1. Making an AUv3 instrument using SEGMENTS
2. Sending a SEGMENTS project into EG Pulse.
3. Quickly remix stems directly in Garageband
and much more…

link
Oh, there’s also a giveaway for these apps to anyone who is subscribed and leaves a comment on the channel. Shoutout to @ElliottGarage for the great apps.

Edit: Winners announced. Congratulations to peanutcram, Christopher R., and Gravitas (from the Audiobus Forum)

Here's a secondary video showing how I used both apps on a Mac Mini

Comments

• Great job dude - couldn't help but think I could just use Drambo for all this (hate to be that guy lol...) but there's something to be said for a less complex app you can just fire up and not worry about routing and etc.

• @seonnthaproducer

Nicely done.

I’ve left a comment on the Tube.

• @icsleepers said:
    Great job dude - couldn't help but think I could just use Drambo for all this (hate to be that guy lol...) but there's something to be said for a less complex app you can just fire up and not worry about routing and etc.

Oh, no worries. I had the same thought as well. Koala also came to mind with the new update.

Yeah, simplicity is key. Apps like Reslice, and Segments are great because it does specific things well. And apps like Drambo and Koala are excellent all-in-one solutions for advanced use cases, or to create your own world.

I’ll be sure to work on a video for Drambo, and Koala eventually. Both app keeps getting updated constantly, and has a ton of unknown potential.

@Gravitas Appreciate the comment. Wish you good luck in the draw.

• @seonnthaproducer said:

Yeah, simplicity is key. Apps like Reslice, and Segments are great because it does specific things well. And apps like Drambo and Koala are excellent all-in-one solutions for advanced use cases, or to create your own world.

Totally. Drambo might be able to do pretty much anything but it can be relatively high friction compared to a dedicated app. When I know what I want to do, the less friction between idea and realisation, the better as it doesn’t take you out of the flow.

Drambo has so many uses and is a fantastic app, but just because you can do it Drambo doesn’t always make it the best tool for the job.

Sometimes it just takes too many taps and thinking about to do something that in a simpler app like segments is instant.

Also, with drambo it’s too easy to get lost down a rabbit hole endlessly tinkering and forget what you intended to do in the first place. :-)

• @klownshed said:

@seonnthaproducer said:

Also, with drambo it’s too easy to get lost down a rabbit hole endlessly tinkering and forget what you intended to do in the first place. :-)

I'll admit...this is the main reason why I never did a Drambo tutorial yet, haha.

Also, I finally added timestamps to the video linked above. That way, anyone can get to the exact section they are looking for.

• edited September 2021

All in one apps versus single use apps. Hmmm... seems like an interesting topic to tackle.🤔

• Thank you sir.

• Thanks for the support @Poppadocrock

Adding on to the previous video, ended up doing a giveaway on the YouTube channel. But I wanted to do something for those who commented here.

This time, I did a random draw and @Gravitas you won a copy of Segments.

Lastly, here's another video demonstrating how to use both apps on a Mac M1, and Garageband.

• @seonnthaproducer said:

Adding on to the previous video, ended up doing a giveaway on the YouTube channel. But I wanted to do something for those who commented here.

This time, I did a random draw and @Gravitas you won a copy of Segments.

Thank you.

I’ll be sure to watch the video as well.

• I’ve had a look at your video.

Drag n drop looks like it can smooth a lot of workflows,
    more importantly iOS apps on a Mac M1 look good.

Nice video.

• Cool. Cheers, I have both but haven’t spent any time using them together so this will help.

• Thanks for sharing 👍 I’ve had segments for a good while but never actually tried to use it musically. your video inspired me to finally try it - I like the results.