Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SWAM instruments in GarageBand

Wondering if anyone had any tips on using SWAM instruments in GB. I have enabled MPE support in GB settings, however the pitch bend function on the X axis is not functioning properly. The GB keyboard does not support it at all, so I have been using the Play tab within the Swam audiounit. However upon playback the pitch will not bend as far as you originally played it while recording. So it is somewhat unusable. Has anyone encountered this before?

Any SWAM tips would be welcomed! Thanks in advance!

Also I'll just throw out the obligatory "wen logic for ipad?" question too.

Comments

• edited September 2021

Yep. Same issues here. Audio Modeling told me that the standard setting should be used when using their apps as AUv3 in GarageBand, but it just does not work that way.

They need to have a specific preset for iOS GarageBand in the apps. Probably one for internal (GarageBand) keyboard use and another setting for external keyboard control. How difficult could that be? I’d like to see them try.

• Project rendering seems broken for SWAM flute in Garageband (emits no sound) I’d imagine the same bug is in all the other instruments. Works fine in the timeline…but forget the final bounce

• Workaround: Why not just send it to GarageBand via IIA? Not ideal but will actually work?