Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Big Thanks to Palm Sounds and Music App Blog

Just wanted to give a public thank you/shout out to both Ashley at Palm Sounds and John at the Music App Blog. They've both had more than a few app giveaways this month, two of which I've benefited from. Palm Sounds has been at it for eight years and both sites have become daily reads for me. I just wanted to spread the good word in return for their total badassedness.

Big thanks as well to @sonosaurus for DrumJam and @woojijuice for Grain Science!

Comments

• Big +1 on MusicAppBlog - I visit there regularly. Will be doing the same for Palm Sounds!

• Thanks guy I visit palm sounds every day.Souch a great site :-)

• Likewise! And congrats. I won an app from John as well at one point but already owned it so someone else was able to benefit. Both sites are excellent.

• These are truly great web sites.

• @Parontis, check out Discchord.com, very informative, and loads of great comments on the topics, it's more than just news. I like music app blog as well.

• Dischord (Tim Webb) is also terrific. Tim has a lot of useful videos and reviews, and goes a bit further back in time than John and Doug's videos. Pretty great to have all three now.

I also like that Tim is a little less prone to the problem this and any upstart industry has, which is the temptation for everyone to be nice to each other. Don't get me wrong, I 100% understand why that is (and would do the same thing if I were in their positions). But while we do appreciate any and all contributions to iOS music, and while a lot of these developers and bloggers are their friends (or at least internet acquaintances), there is real money and time involved, and you do need someone to occasionally come out and say "this is crap!" Or at least be as constructively critical as possible without tearing people down or imposing your opinion on others.

Most of the stuff worthy of being talked about here anyway rises to the top, so "damnation by silence" is one type of negative review, I suppose! Thanks to the aforementioned bloggers who cover this field!

• Yes, Discchord is another excellent, hilarious source of iOS and mobile synth news. Synthtopia is another site worth reading, some iOS news but mostly hardware. Worst comments section of any site I visit though, it's almost funny how rude and quickly negative they can turn most any topic.

Another giveaway on Palm Sounds today, plus a theme song contest running for a few more days, I think first prize is a Sonoma Guitar Jack.

• edited May 2014

Palmsounds, Discchord, MusicAppBlog and this forum are the sites I go to everyday for any iOS music related stuff. There are are few others (like synthopia) that are worth checking out a couple of times a week, in synthopia case mostly for the comments.

I won the awesome Sopranotron app by Omenie, with vocals from Caitlin Downie (hence why it's also called The Caitlin), on Palmsounds in one of the giveaways the other day. Was going to buy it (I'm a total sucker for vocal sounds), but saw it popup on twitter and figured WTH all I need to do is enter my name & email.