Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

For Caustic Fans - Caustic and iOS 15

So far everything is working fine including using Readdle Documents to access Caustic file folders through the Caustic FTP.

Comments

• Good to know. Thanks! :+1:

• Right on 👍

• Cool beans! Apparently something in a recent android update broke the file system browser in Caustic. I’ve been plugging used iPhones and iPads on their forum. Poor kids are beating themselves around thinking there will be an update to Caustic.

• We need Caustic 2, or Caustic AuV3.

• @jolico said:
    We need Caustic 2, or Caustic AuV3.

Actually it would be Caustic 4 :wink:
    It's currently version 3.
    But unfortunately, last I know, Rej, the dev suffered from serious burnout and wouldn't work with it anymore.
    Not sure if he's up to something new

• AFAIK the last thing he released on Android was Caustic mastering a couple of years ago. (I could be wrong, am going from memory.)

• FPCFPC
    edited September 25

@rollin said:
    AFAIK the last thing he released on Android was Caustic mastering a couple of years ago. (I could be wrong, am going from memory.)

Yeah but it was probably a lot longer than a couple of years ago plus it sat, basically ready, for a good year before he bothered to release it. Rej seriously fell out of love with developing music software.
    A real shame as Caustic is brilliant. I know that he did 'moan' about the pressure to make everything connectable in iOS land...

• Thanks for reporting @anickt

Selfish derail: any chance you could verify Nanoloop if that’s an app you have / use?

• @anickt said:
    So far everything is working fine including using Readdle Documents to access Caustic file folders through the Caustic FTP.

Great news, thanks for verifying.

• @Proppa said:
    Thanks for reporting @anickt

Selfish derail: any chance you could verify Nanoloop if that’s an app you have / use?

Sorry - don’t use it

• No problems with nanoloop so far.

• The YouTube tutorials Rej did for Caustic 3 really are something else. Hope Caustic carries on working for many more iOS versions.