Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cromarty Chronicles : Ambient Soundscape

edited September 2021 in Creations

A slow ambienty biomusicy piece inspired by a holiday in Cromarty last week.
A small village on the the coast of the Black Isle in the North East of Scotland, it is an odd mixture of natural beauty and industry in the shape of oil rigs that are either being decommissioned or held in long term storage.

The sounds are, in order…
The Shipping Forecast from the BBC
Waves large and small
Rowing boat (inspired by the Cromarty Community Rowing club)
Eider Ducks
Sandwich Terns
Pile driving (work being carried out on the opposite shore to Cromarty)

All sounds from Roli Noise other than a bit of Ravenscroft 275

Comments

• Excellent! lol, those first bird sounds. A second bird album?

• Thanks @LinearLineman , yes the sound of Eider Ducks always makes me smile. Not sure I want to get type cast as the Bird man of AudioBus but never say never.

• I'm not really a fan of ambient music, but this spoke to me. The way you documented the "found sound" components really created a visual in my mind. When Roli Noise entered the mix at around 1:00, it got my attention. So much so that I bought it about ten minutes later. I was up until about 2:00 AM last night.

• Many thanks @Paulieworld for listening and the nice comments. Noise is my go to sound source. I know there are issues re support etc but it works great with GeoShred and is pretty cheap as well. FYI the track used the new Inversion and Voices feature in ChordJam. The voices to sounds / expansion packs mappings were…
    V1 Fluid Acoustic Bass from World Colours
    V2 Ocean’s Lament from Cinimatica
    V3 Angelic Choir from Express your Elf
    V4 Granularity from Floatation