Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Turbo Duck :D

Comments

• cool feature, I'll be using that for sure

• It's very interesting to see how this app progress

• Looking forward to this app.Hopefully it will be out soon.

• Why doesn't have Cubasis this feature?

Im sick of buying all kinds of apps for specific features, and then run into problems when I try to combine all those apps to get something done.

• edited May 2014

A bit gimmicky really if u ask me... Why not just put In a proper side chain compressor? And have it so can side chain any channel not the whole mix?.. Who side chains the whole mix? No one...

• @Digitalresonance You are right, I think the same :-)

• Agreed. I guess you’d have to mix down the kick (for example) with only the lane(s) you’re compressing, then export them and use them in a separate DAW. Or some such convoluted thing.

• edited May 2014

Lol yeah.. At best u could side chain something, record the output to new track and turn off the Dappy Duck. Lol

They didn't even think it needed a release knob? Come on now. Side chain compression with no release knob. Seriously? Why are they hyping that feature in a video of an app they not even released. Marketing bullshatt if u ask me.. It just makes it seem like more of a toy music app once again.

Just make the app and put in professional features for god sake. :)

• So its not even a decent sidechain compressor? No release, that's lame.

• @Greg said:

Im sick of buying all kinds of apps for specific features, and then run into problems when I try to combine all those apps to get something done.

Primary reason cited by the developer of NanoStudio for not wanting to do MIDI out and other sorts of iOS integration. Before AB even happened he seemed fairly convinced that it would all lead to the same sort of desktop VST frustrations that helped move so many of us from the desktop in the first place. Can't say I disagree (though I begged him to see otherwise). I'm pissed at my ipad as often as not when it comes to integrating apps.

@digitalresonance From the video, looks like they expecting the release of the key sound to control the release of the side chain.

Perhaps they will have subs/busses that will have duck food on it.

• edited May 2014

@syrupcore Yeah having the sound control the release is normal but in most cases your gonna want to slightly alter that release for a fair few reasons. Why are they putting gimmicks on a pro version of a product.. It's almost like they are taking the piss. iOS ethos of some developers.. Put the features in but leave out half the main functions. Yeah sweet.

• I didn't even occur to me that this turbo duck can only be used over them master.. That is lame.
    And the release control is another good point, I use side chain compression in reason/ableton and adjusting the release is a crucial control for tweaking the effect. All of the sudden I don't really care about turbo duck anymore :(

• @Digitalresonance said:

@syrupcore Yeah having the sound control the release is normal but in most cases your gonna want to slightly alter that release for a fair few reasons. Why are they putting gimmicks on a pro version of a product.. It's almost like they are taking the piss. iOS ethos of some developers.. Put the features in but leave out half the main functions. Yeah sweet.

I'm sure those main functions will be available as an In-App Purchase:) That has been Retronyms' modus operandi for years.

• I think the gimmick started with the word "Pro" :)

• I guess the fact that the visual representation of said feature is a bouncing rubber ducky was my clue that it may be a gimmick. But the overall app does look like it has potential.

• This is cool. I like it.