Audiobus: Use your music apps together.
What is Audiobus? — Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.Download on the App Store
Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.
Koala + AUM workflow
Here's what I'd like to do, from a non-tool perspective:
- Vocalize and record a rhythm idea
- Vocalize and record a song phrase
- Figure out and record chords
- Keep adding to it until it feels like something is there to refine into a song
- Re-record the separate rhythm, melody, and chord ideas
- Try out different instruments along the way
- Add solos and whatnot for more interesting stuff
- Arrange recording and tracks. Lots of copy/cut/paste.
- Maybe master, maybe not
- Finish and archive or share
I think Koala would be great certainly for the first several tasks. Maybe more.
Based on delightful AUM experiences so far, I am assuming I should do this from the beginning in AUM with Koala AUv3. But MAYBE NOT, based on some stuff in the last few days.