Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM: popping on session change

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to use AUM in a band context. Since I use different sounds in different songs, I set up different sessions, one for each song. This way, I save processor overhead. AND, because AUM allows you to select a session with a MIDI program change, I can do it from a controller.

This works fine, except that I get a popping sound coming out of the PA when I load a new session.

I'm curious if others have had this problem and if they have found a good workaround or alternative approach.

Thank you.

Comments

• if you save the session with the master audio track bypassed, does it still pop on load?

• Thank you. I will have to check when I'm back in the space next week. That's an interesting option for a workaround!

• Otherwise, are you using an external audio interface? if you use an external mixer between ipad and PA you can just drop the level between setups...

• My concern with solutions like that is it gets to be a lot to remember, as I'm also switching between instruments, etc. Guaranteed to mess it up once a practice at least....