Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Nice little low cost 8 Channel Analog Mixer

edited September 2021 in Other

I just picked this up to test to see how it might be used to route audio from instruments to a smaller audio interface setup.

My initial tests sound pretty nice. No detectable noise or color to the sound.

Anyhoo just thought I’d share since this might be something people are curious about.

It was sub $50 on Amazon. It’s solid metal, the pots feel good and the inputs feel solid as well.

Amazon link:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08BCFXSBV?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Comments

• Very cool was looking at the 6 channel version to use the very same way (sub mixer) but never pulled the trigger.

Thanks for taking a “bullet” for me @echoopera ;)

• @audiblevideo said:
    Very cool was looking at the 6 channel version to use the very same way (sub mixer) but never pulled the trigger.

Thanks for taking a “bullet” for me @echoopera ;)

Sure thing. I’ll report more of my findings here. 👍🏼

• This looks great. I always wonder why there aren’t more stereo-only mixers.

• MouKey - you gotta hand it to Chinese manufacturers on their naming practices 👏

• I was looking at one of these to run all the headphone outputs from my samplers/drum machines to save me from having to keeping unplugging and plugging when I switch between items.

• edited September 2021

Hrmmm. Volume seems a little low for my taste after testing out some of the routing.

I need to investigate a bit more.

What do you expect for 50 clams 🤪