Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 3 Swing

I think I must be missing something simple here but I’m not having success trying to use the swing functionality within CB3. Regardless of what setting I set it at, it doesn’t seem to offset the quantization. It always ends up quantizing perfectly. Is there a trick I’m missing? Does anyone have a quick video showing how to use it correctly?

Comments

• @DukeWonder said:
    I think I must be missing something simple here but I’m not having success trying to use the swing functionality within CB3. Regardless of what setting I set it at, it doesn’t seem to offset the quantization. It always ends up quantizing perfectly. Is there a trick I’m missing? Does anyone have a quick video showing how to use it correctly?

I didn’t even know that was a feature lol. I just tried it and you have to hit the quantize button after setting the swing

• You first have to select the notes you want to quantise before hitting the Quantise button and you have to do this for every pattern in your project (easy enough if you do this as you record your patterns, but a PITA if you have to do it retroactively). Unlike many DAWs, Cubasis physically moves the notes off the grid to their swing quantised position. It's not my preferred workflow, but that's unfortunately the way of things.

• @jonmoore said:
    You first have to select the notes you want to quantise before hitting the Quantise button and you have to do this for every pattern in your project (easy enough if you do this as you record your patterns, but a PITA if you have to do it retroactively). Unlike many DAWs, Cubasis physically moves the notes off the grid to their swing quantised position. It's not my preferred workflow, but that's unfortunately the way of things.

@KirbyMumbo said:

@DukeWonder said:

I didn’t even know that was a feature lol. I just tried it and you have to hit the quantize button after setting the swing

I highlight the notes, move the swing to the desired percentage, and hit quantize. They quantize perfectly to the grid.