Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Weird or Disturbing Errors Discovered In iOS 15… Post Here

Just found a glitch in GarageBand on iOS 15. The volume button suddenly turned transparent and cannot be manually controlled. Only adjusting the physical volume button on the iPad Pro works with this error. Very weird.

«1

Comments

  • For me CB3 kept turning itself off and disappearing every time I’d go from the mixer screen to adjust an effect. I rebooted my Air4 and restarted CB3, seems better now so far.

  • iOS/iPadOS15.0.1 was just released...
    ...at least it fixes the 'storage notification bug' and also mask-unlock for those with capable devices.
    (It was a ~600MB download so there might be other fixes baked in as well).

  • edited October 2

    @Samu said:
    iOS/iPadOS15.0.1 was just released...
    ...at least it fixes the 'storage notification bug' and also mask-unlock for those with capable devices.
    (It was a ~600MB download so there might be other fixes baked in as well).

    It fixed my horrible TestFlight + OtherDesertCities error! The iOS update fixed it! Unbelievable! Thank you, Apple.

    And now ODC is back up to full strength. Thankfully, I no longer need to ask for a refund and can continue to use ODC.

  • I could not drag app icons between pages. That’s been fixed.

  • Arrow up and down to navigate tracks in cubasis 3 and audio evolution mobile isn’t working since ios 15

  • @Samu said:
    iOS/iPadOS15.0.1 was just released...
    ...at least it fixes the 'storage notification bug' and also mask-unlock for those with capable devices.
    (It was a ~600MB download so there might be other fixes baked in as well).

    Good to know. Cheers!

  • @Poppadocrock said:

    @Samu said:
    iOS/iPadOS15.0.1 was just released...
    ...at least it fixes the 'storage notification bug' and also mask-unlock for those with capable devices.
    (It was a ~600MB download so there might be other fixes baked in as well).

    Good to know. Cheers!

    It fixed my woeful problem with TestFlight and OtherDesertCiities! Fantastic. I now have the weekend to do something instead of tear my hair out. ;)

  • On my iPad Pro 1st generation I haven’t gotten Audiobus to work at all yet on iOS 15. The app itself will load, but that’s about it. When I try to load another app (iMini, ToneStack, VocalLive just for some examples) it will open those apps but won’t return to Audiobus or give the sidebar option. When manually going back to Audiobus it will just show the other apps as asleep no matter how many times I click them (or just crash altogether). I’ve updated Audiobus and the latest iOS, but the problem persists which had never happened for me on previous versions.
    Anyone else having this issue and/or have any suggestions?

  • @stiltz said:
    On my iPad Pro 1st generation I haven’t gotten Audiobus to work at all yet on iOS 15. The app itself will load, but that’s about it. When I try to load another app (iMini, ToneStack, VocalLive just for some examples) it will open those apps but won’t return to Audiobus or give the sidebar option. When manually going back to Audiobus it will just show the other apps as asleep no matter how many times I click them (or just crash altogether). I’ve updated Audiobus and the latest iOS, but the problem persists which had never happened for me on previous versions.
    Anyone else having this issue and/or have any suggestions?

    @Michael

  • edited October 9

    Cubasis 2 is almost completely non-responsive, with screen freezes constantly. Non-usable. Transport stalls or won’t even start. Also random screen freezes in other apps. Cubasis 3 doesn’t seem to have that problem. iPad Air 3, iPadOS 15.0.1. And the MIDI app problems that Bram Bos has acknowledged, with Perforator and FAC Envolver.

    Edit: Cubasis 3 is working great. Dragged kicking and screaming to update, and very glad I did. Hope the MIDI problems get sorted out when possible.

  • @stiltz said:
    On my iPad Pro 1st generation I haven’t gotten Audiobus to work at all yet on iOS 15. The app itself will load, but that’s about it. When I try to load another app (iMini, ToneStack, VocalLive just for some examples) it will open those apps but won’t return to Audiobus or give the sidebar option. When manually going back to Audiobus it will just show the other apps as asleep no matter how many times I click them (or just crash altogether). I’ve updated Audiobus and the latest iOS, but the problem persists which had never happened for me on previous versions.
    Anyone else having this issue and/or have any suggestions?

    Are those apps specifically IAAs (listed as Apps in Audiobus), or are some or them AUv3s (listed as Audio Units in Audiobus)? Sometimes, IAAs work better if started stand-alone, then connected to Audiobus. Also, what was your previous iPadOS version, on which this was working? (Some users have jumped an iOS version or two, and may be seeing "old" problems for the first time.)

  • edited October 8

    Here’s a weird one. Cubasis3 resets the timeline when pressing stop…

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ld07ewkg1zu8nhq/RPReplay_Final1633714762.MP4?dl=0

    I wrote @LFS on this. Needless to say (but I’ll say it)… disconcerting.

  • @LinearLineman said:
    Here’s a weird one. Cubasis3 resets the timeline when pressing stop…

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ld07ewkg1zu8nhq/RPReplay_Final1633714762.MP4?dl=0

    I wrote @LFS on this. Needless to say (but I’ll say it)… disconcerting.

    Looking at the video it looks like you have 'Return to Start Position on Stop' enabled in the General Settings in Cubasis?!

  • I haven’t noticed anything major with music apps yet, but still have a lot to check. I will say Safari is terrible running split screen with a Smart Keyboard. I don’t even know where to begin. I’m not sure if it’s bugs or expected behavior. I’ve had so many things just not work I need to list them all and to to www.apple.com/feedback to complain about it.

  • @Samu said:

    @LinearLineman said:
    Here’s a weird one. Cubasis3 resets the timeline when pressing stop…

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ld07ewkg1zu8nhq/RPReplay_Final1633714762.MP4?dl=0

    I wrote @LFS on this. Needless to say (but I’ll say it)… disconcerting.

    Looking at the video it looks like you have 'Return to Start Position on Stop' enabled in the General Settings in Cubasis?!

    That was it! Must have done it accidentally. As always @ Samu, you have an eagle eye and wide understanding.

  • @espiegel123 said:

    @stiltz said:
    On my iPad Pro 1st generation I haven’t gotten Audiobus to work at all yet on iOS 15. The app itself will load, but that’s about it. When I try to load another app (iMini, ToneStack, VocalLive just for some examples) it will open those apps but won’t return to Audiobus or give the sidebar option. When manually going back to Audiobus it will just show the other apps as asleep no matter how many times I click them (or just crash altogether). I’ve updated Audiobus and the latest iOS, but the problem persists which had never happened for me on previous versions.
    Anyone else having this issue and/or have any suggestions?

    @Michael

    Sounds like you’ve denied network permissions, which AB needs to work. Turn em on in settings and you should be good as gold.

  • edited October 13

    Also posted in the General App Discussion…

    Problems with Neo-Soul Keys and Cubasis 3. NSK won’t render unless Real-Time mixdown is applied in Cubasis 3. After a non-render, NSK is crashed. Worked perfectly in Cubasis 2 without Real-Time render. This is a track initially created in Cubasis 2 and exported. Air3 ios 15.0.1. Also random screen non-responsiveness. Any others?

    @GospelMusicians

  • Gospel Musicians has responded, and it seems they're not supporting NSKS1 any longer, which is the app in question. I haven't updated to NSKS2 yet, but that seems to be the answer.

  • Ive not updated, I’m concerned that some older (some apparently vaporware or off the AppStore) apps Ive kept on the device will fail. 4pockets Synergy, Frum, Bleep!BOX, Rotor (saving already broken) iSequence, iMPC Pro (not 2, this one needed for Tabletop, which another concern…) etc etc

  • Like all degradation processes, first slowly then suddenly… it’s the end of IAA era. Some may survive another year or two with workarounds but at this point it’s a waste of time to fix these issues.

  • @musikeer said:
    Cubasis 2 is almost completely non-responsive, with screen freezes constantly. Non-usable. Transport stalls or won’t even start. Also random screen freezes in other apps. Cubasis 3 doesn’t seem to have that problem. iPad Air 3, iPadOS 15.0.1. And the MIDI app problems that Bram Bos has acknowledged, with Perforator and FAC Envolver.

    Edit: Cubasis 3 is working great. Dragged kicking and screaming to update, and very glad I did. Hope the MIDI problems get sorted out when possible.

    Is the Cubasis 2 problem confirmed by others?

    Is it still happening for you?

    I am deeply worried - since I have so many projects in Cubasis 2 which I haven’t yet transferred into CB3 ...

  • @Bon_Tempi said:

    @musikeer said:
    Cubasis 2 is almost completely non-responsive, with screen freezes constantly. Non-usable. Transport stalls or won’t even start. Also random screen freezes in other apps. Cubasis 3 doesn’t seem to have that problem. iPad Air 3, iPadOS 15.0.1. And the MIDI app problems that Bram Bos has acknowledged, with Perforator and FAC Envolver.

    Edit: Cubasis 3 is working great. Dragged kicking and screaming to update, and very glad I did. Hope the MIDI problems get sorted out when possible.

    Is the Cubasis 2 problem confirmed by others?

    Is it still happening for you?

    I am deeply worried - since I have so many projects in Cubasis 2 which I haven’t yet transferred into CB3 ...

    If you haven't updated to 15, I don't recommend it. Cubasis 3 isn't compatible with Perforator and Envolver, and Cubasis 2 isn't compatible with iOS 15. I wish I could revert back to 14.8, which worked flawlessly with Cubasis 2. I waited until finishing a huge soon to be released project to update to 15, but still have many tunes which are in Cubasis 2. They transferred well to Cubasis 3, except for the problems with Perforator, Envolver, and now Neo-Soul Keys Studio 1 and 2. I think the Air 3 isn't powerful enough for NSK2. Mixdowns are glitchy no matter the settings. Extremely burnt out on these constant update conflicts.

  • @musikeer said:

    @Bon_Tempi said:

    @musikeer said:
    Cubasis 2 is almost completely non-responsive, with screen freezes constantly. Non-usable. Transport stalls or won’t even start. Also random screen freezes in other apps. Cubasis 3 doesn’t seem to have that problem. iPad Air 3, iPadOS 15.0.1. And the MIDI app problems that Bram Bos has acknowledged, with Perforator and FAC Envolver.

    Edit: Cubasis 3 is working great. Dragged kicking and screaming to update, and very glad I did. Hope the MIDI problems get sorted out when possible.

    Is the Cubasis 2 problem confirmed by others?

    Is it still happening for you?

    I am deeply worried - since I have so many projects in Cubasis 2 which I haven’t yet transferred into CB3 ...

    If you haven't updated to 15, I don't recommend it. Cubasis 3 isn't compatible with Perforator and Envolver, and Cubasis 2 isn't compatible with iOS 15. I wish I could revert back to 14.8, which worked flawlessly with Cubasis 2. I waited until finishing a huge soon to be released project to update to 15, but still have many tunes which are in Cubasis 2. They transferred well to Cubasis 3, except for the problems with Perforator, Envolver, and now Neo-Soul Keys Studio 1 and 2. I think the Air 3 isn't powerful enough for NSK2. Mixdowns are glitchy no matter the settings. Extremely burnt out on these constant update conflicts.

    I see - ok ....

    Yes, all of this is really frustrating and slowly pushing me away from the idea to finish my songs on the Ipad -

    I guess I will use the Ipad just as an sound-generator - and finish my songs again on the laptop ... sadly

    CB3 was never stable for me - and when I will now loose also the ability to use CB2 - then I guess that’s it!

    Is Steinberg aware of this issue with CB2 and IOS15 - @LFS ?

    Will CB2 still get updated?

  • @0tolerance4silence said:
    Like all degradation processes, first slowly then suddenly… it’s the end of IAA era. Some may survive another year or two with workarounds but at this point it’s a waste of time to fix these issues.

    I have some IAA apps still on my iPad, but for the most part I just use AUv3 apps now, as no matter what way you look at it, that’s the way things are heading.

    iPadOS (and iOS) 15 are working fine here - it’s just one older app that developed issues with exporting.

  • @musikeer said:

    @Bon_Tempi said:

    @musikeer said:
    Cubasis 2 is almost completely non-responsive, with screen freezes constantly. Non-usable. Transport stalls or won’t even start. Also random screen freezes in other apps. Cubasis 3 doesn’t seem to have that problem. iPad Air 3, iPadOS 15.0.1. And the MIDI app problems that Bram Bos has acknowledged, with Perforator and FAC Envolver.

    Edit: Cubasis 3 is working great. Dragged kicking and screaming to update, and very glad I did. Hope the MIDI problems get sorted out when possible.

    Is the Cubasis 2 problem confirmed by others?

    Is it still happening for you?

    I am deeply worried - since I have so many projects in Cubasis 2 which I haven’t yet transferred into CB3 ...

    If you haven't updated to 15, I don't recommend it. Cubasis 3 isn't compatible with Perforator and Envolver, and Cubasis 2 isn't compatible with iOS 15. I wish I could revert back to 14.8, which worked flawlessly with Cubasis 2. I waited until finishing a huge soon to be released project to update to 15, but still have many tunes which are in Cubasis 2. They transferred well to Cubasis 3, except for the problems with Perforator, Envolver, and now Neo-Soul Keys Studio 1 and 2. I think the Air 3 isn't powerful enough for NSK2. Mixdowns are glitchy no matter the settings. Extremely burnt out on these constant update conflicts.

    Your Air 3 should be powerful enough for NSK2. But CB3 sometimes tries to use multiple cores in rendering when it really shouldn't. Have you tried turning that CB3 setting off?

  • @uncledave said:

    @musikeer said:

    @Bon_Tempi said:

    @musikeer said:
    Cubasis 2 is almost completely non-responsive, with screen freezes constantly. Non-usable. Transport stalls or won’t even start. Also random screen freezes in other apps. Cubasis 3 doesn’t seem to have that problem. iPad Air 3, iPadOS 15.0.1. And the MIDI app problems that Bram Bos has acknowledged, with Perforator and FAC Envolver.

    Edit: Cubasis 3 is working great. Dragged kicking and screaming to update, and very glad I did. Hope the MIDI problems get sorted out when possible.

    Is the Cubasis 2 problem confirmed by others?

    Is it still happening for you?

    I am deeply worried - since I have so many projects in Cubasis 2 which I haven’t yet transferred into CB3 ...

    If you haven't updated to 15, I don't recommend it. Cubasis 3 isn't compatible with Perforator and Envolver, and Cubasis 2 isn't compatible with iOS 15. I wish I could revert back to 14.8, which worked flawlessly with Cubasis 2. I waited until finishing a huge soon to be released project to update to 15, but still have many tunes which are in Cubasis 2. They transferred well to Cubasis 3, except for the problems with Perforator, Envolver, and now Neo-Soul Keys Studio 1 and 2. I think the Air 3 isn't powerful enough for NSK2. Mixdowns are glitchy no matter the settings. Extremely burnt out on these constant update conflicts.

    Your Air 3 should be powerful enough for NSK2. But CB3 sometimes tries to use multiple cores in rendering when it really shouldn't. Have you tried turning that CB3 setting off?

    Yes, have tried all options. CB3's default, at least on the Air3, is OFF. Thanks...

    Not truly the end of the world; Real Time Freeze settings renders NSK1 without errors, but takes quite a while. I can live with that. I just hope Bram Bos, who says he's helping Steinberg with the MIDI problems that affect Perforator and Envolver, can work his magic soon. Very used apps for me.

  • @Bon_Tempi said:

    Will CB2 still get updated?

    Lars said that the MIDI fix (upcoming?) will apply to Cubase 2 and 3, so that's all I know.

  • wimwim
    edited October 13

    @musikeer said:
    ...I wish I could revert back to 14.8, which worked flawlessly with Cubasis 2. ...

    I believe that's possible for now. I can't say I recommend that course of action, but I believe it is possible for now since Apple is still signing 14.8 (I think).

    Google revert from iOS 15 to 14.8 for lots of links if you're interested. Most note that backups made on iOS 15 can't be restored to devices on 14.8.

    Seems like a more risky proposition than just waiting out the fixes which I'm sure will come eventually.

    [edit] nvm. It seems 14.8 is no longer being signed?

  • @wim said:

    @musikeer said:
    ...I wish I could revert back to 14.8, which worked flawlessly with Cubasis 2. ...

    I believe that's possible for now. I can't say I recommend that course of action, but I believe it is possible for now since Apple is still signing 14.8 (I think).

    Google revert from iOS 15 to 14.8 for lots of links if you're interested. Most note that backups made on iOS 15 can't be restored to devices on 14.8.

    Seems like a more risky proposition than just waiting out the fixes which I'm sure will come eventually.

    Thanks, Wim. Apple has stopped signing 14.8. So perhaps patience can be a virtue.

    This is why I'm reacting so strongly. We've finished a 20-song album, almost entirely on the iPad. Not released yet. Guitars and Hammond and horns recorded remotely, then imported into the iPad. Mixed and mastered on the iPad. No horns on this track. Grand experiment to see if it was possible. It was, at least on 14.8 with Cubasis 2. Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

  • @musikeer said:
    Cubasis 2 is almost completely non-responsive, with screen freezes constantly. Non-usable. Transport stalls or won’t even start. Also random screen freezes in other apps. Cubasis 3 doesn’t seem to have that problem. iPad Air 3, iPadOS 15.0.1. And the MIDI app problems that Bram Bos has acknowledged, with Perforator and FAC Envolver.

    Edit: Cubasis 3 is working great. Dragged kicking and screaming to update, and very glad I did. Hope the MIDI problems get sorted out when possible.

    I don't use Cubasis 2 except for testing AU's in some of their demo tracks and I never tested on iPadOS 15.0.1, but I did just try it on the beta 4 of iPadOS 15.1 and I'm not seeing any UI or transport control issues. We should be getting pretty close to the release of 15.1. Maybe there is some hope there.

Sign In or Register to comment.