Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Side-chain Record with Neon🔥

edited September 2021 in General App Discussion

hi everyone, i just uploaded a video to my channel.
@4pockets_paul is about to release an update for Neon.
This update includes :
1.AUv3 Multi Input, this means you can use Neon in Cubasis (Through side-chain) to record any track without having to load Neon on track by track for recording.
Thanks to @Samu for this idea.

1. Side-chain : if you have a loop in Neon, you can activate side chain in Cubasis (and other DAWs) so what is in Neon would Duck when your Cubasis track plays.

2. Video audio extract and attach : you can choose a video from Photo app and extract audio with Neon, do your edits and the attach the new audio to your video. Neon will create a new video with the new audio and save it in Photos.

A big thanks to @4pockets_paul for this APP

Here is a video demo

Comments

• Hehe, it's quite cool that a '3rd party' beat Steinberg to it :sunglasses:

Steinberg could have added this feature to the Mini Sampler like from day one when side-chain got implemented together with proper Track 2 Track audio routing but nope, maybe in 2-3 years or so :wink:

I'm puzzled by the 'priorities' the Cubasis developers have as it can honestly NOT be driven by customer demand...
    ...if it was we'd already have Cubase Sampler Track, Tempo Track, Link and Transient Editing with the Tempo Track lagging 5+ years already... (Rocket Science? I don't think so...).

I'm quite sure @elf_audio will add side chain input to Koala in due time.

Cheers!

• It went up a dollar. Now $10.99 was $9.99, not a big deal, just wanted to mention.

I’m trying to resist Neon, but I feel my resistance is futile, lol.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    It went up a dollar. Now $10.99 was $9.99, not a big deal, just wanted to mention.

And I would not be surprised if it's on sale on the coming Black Friday for $6.99 or something like that :sunglasses:

• @Samu said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    It went up a dollar. Now $10.99 was $9.99, not a big deal, just wanted to mention.

And I would not be surprised if it's on sale on the coming Black Friday for $6.99 or something like that :sunglasses:

With 4pockets, as much as I love them, me neither. I joked the other day in the sales thread that, Paul really keeps my busy. Paul puts me to work on a daily basis, lol. Jk.

• @Poppadocrock said:

@Samu said:

@Poppadocrock said:

With 4pockets, as much as I love them, me neither. I joked the other day in the sales thread that, Paul really keeps my busy. Paul puts me to work on a daily basis, lol. Jk.

I suppose it must work for his business otherwise he probably wouldn’t waste the time doing it. There’s no doubt some App Store algorithm that spots his price reductions which then bumps him up the search rankings with.

• @Paa89 said:
    This update includes :
    1.AUv3 Multi Input, this means you can use Neon in Cubasis (Through side-chain) to record any track without having to load Neon on track by track for recording.

1. Side-chain : if you have a loop in Neon, you can activate side chain in Cubasis (and other DAWs) so what is in Neon would Duck when your Cubasis track plays.

2. Video audio extract and attach : you can choose a video from Photo app and extract audio with Neon, do your edits and the attach the new audio to your video. Neon will create a new video with the new audio and save it in Photos.

Here is a video demo

Thanks.. at the ending of the video (time stretch in Cubasis).. can you change the key of the sample also.. really nice…

• @Poppadocrock said:

Introductory price?

Same here. It's on the "don't really need it but I'll get it one of these days if it goes on special" list :smiley:

• @Samu said:
    Hehe, it's quite cool that a '3rd party' beat Steinberg to it :sunglasses:

Steinberg could have added this feature to the Mini Sampler like from day one when side-chain got implemented together with proper Track 2 Track audio routing but nope, maybe in 2-3 years or so :wink:

I'm puzzled by the 'priorities' the Cubasis developers have as it can honestly NOT be driven by customer demand...
    ...if it was we'd already have Cubase Sampler Track, Tempo Track, Link and Transient Editing with the Tempo Track lagging 5+ years already... (Rocket Science? I don't think so...).

I'm quite sure @elf_audio will add side chain input to Koala in due time.

Cheers!

I think maybe it’s a big job for the small team they have, especially for link, i’ve heard it could be a big job for it to be implemented in an APP like Cubasis. Even Cubase on destop lacks link and it’s on version 11 so i think that’s one thing we might not see in Cubasis for a long time.
    Iets hope things get better.

• @RajahP said:

@Paa89 said:
    This update includes :

Here is a video demo

Thanks.. at the ending of the video (time stretch in Cubasis).. can you change the key of the sample also.. really nice…

Yep and Paul is usually down to implement feature requests, so i belive this App will get better and better.

• @Paa89 Hello, I enjoyed the video and it’s tempted me but I hope you could explain something for me please? Once the audio is recorded into Neon, how do you get that onto the actual audio track in Cubasis? Is it just a case of arming the Neon channel and pressing record in Cubasis?
    Ta.

• edited September 2021

@rud said:
    @Paa89 Hello, I enjoyed the video and it’s tempted me but I hope you could explain something for me please? Once the audio is recorded into Neon, how do you get that onto the actual audio track in Cubasis? Is it just a case of arming the Neon channel and pressing record in Cubasis?
    Ta.

Hi thanks for the feedback, highly appreciated.
    Unfortunately as of yet Cubasis 3 doesn’t record input from Effects.
    The best way is to create a Neon Midi track, drag and drop audio from Neon FX into it.
    Then go into the Neon midi track Menu, launch options and check for the launch note, and change “launch start” to immediate.
    Create a midi event on Cubasis timeline and draw the corresponding note and then Freeze.
    You would have to do this just once, so after every recording just drag and drop into the Midi track.
    i know it’s long, fingers crossed that something comes along the way from Cubasis to make it a one click procedure.

• @Paa89 thank you very much for taking the time to explain that for me 🌟

• Good grief folks... this is an amazing program. Spend the $11 US on it!

• @Paa89 said:

>

I think maybe it’s a big job for the small team they have, especially for link, i’ve heard it could be a big job for it to be implemented in an APP like Cubasis. Even Cubase on destop lacks link and it’s on version 11 so i think that’s one thing we might not see in Cubasis for a long time.
    Iets hope things get better.

Indeed, on the desktop it's a bit different as implementing Link in desktop Cubase would be a bit more tricky from a PR standpoint since Ableton Live is a more or less direct competitor to Cubase and very few Desktop DAWs support Link anyway.

On iOS/iPadOS the only 'thing' Ableton has provided so far is Link, Live Project export and a way to give app users a free serial for Live Lite using their SDK. Link has been around long enough to have become somewhat a standard on iOS/iPadOS for cross device sync.

Personally I do NOT like the 'radio silence' regarding updates and planned features, but that's the way Steinberg rolls...
    Hopefully we'll get a bit bigger feature update before Christmas :sunglasses: