Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BeatMaker 2 on sale for 50% off ($9.99 U.S.) as of 05/26/14

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/beatmaker-2/id417020234?mt=8

This is a nice sale. Tempting, but I am pretty much out of room on all my devices, and switching to this from MT DAW could mean having to delete literally a dozen other paid apps. Seems like a harsh price for a good DAW that bundles in a lot of additional content I don't necessarily need.

But thought I'd post the sale. Obviously, it's rumored that Intua are working on something new, including BeatMaker 3, but that doesn't seem to be imminent.

http://a4.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Purple/v4/87/95/15/87951556-e66d-0938-3022-fe353b7065ca/screen568x568.jpeg

Comments

• Ugh, so bloated. Pass :)

• About 720 MB. Goddamn too many samples. Caustic is less than 100 MB, y'all.

• I have Caustic and absolutely love it, but it's not a DAW like BM2. NanoStudio and Caustic, which don't have audio tracks for external app capture really aren't in the same category

• edited May 2014

BM2 places a strong emphasis on samples. It really has all of the features of Cubasis, is more stable in my experience, entirely customizable and very deep. It also takes a lot of time to get to know your way around. I prefer BM2 because my music is mostly sample-based, I'm not aware of any keyboard samplers that are even comparable for iPad (if anyone knows of one I would be sincerely appreciative).

It's not for everyone. Have to let market forces do their thing. Space is valuable.

Edit: Actually Thumbjam is comparable and always becoming more so with updates. I've just grown accustomed to having it all under one roof. Thumbjam rocks

• I need a little advice. I have heard so many great things about the sampler. Is this one of the best samplers available? Specifically, I need it to play nice with a controller and with Genome. Please discuss.

• If you've ever used an MPC or Maschine expect a similar workflow from the BeatMaker 2 drum sampler, and the keyboard sampler is about as deep as any keyboard sampler out there. It'll play nice with any midi controller and works fine with virtual midi

• It's the best pair of samplers (instrument and beat machine) on iOS. I'm not really a beatmaker fan but I feel pretty confident saying that.

• I just stumped up for this and like it. Was having problems with MT DAW (mixdowns sounded different than the playback - need to email the dev about it and ask.) I like the interface on BM2 - and the fact that like MT DAW it also works on an iPhone. As far as the samples go, using iFunbox I believe it's possible to delete them - saving a lot of space. I usually use other instruments than built-in samples, so, no great loss there.

I have a Q though. The wav file export uses a format that I could not play back on Linux (I don't have that problem exporting from, e.g., Cubasis (or MT DAW come to that) ). Also, does anyone export to MP3 / M4A from BM2? If so - how?

• @MusicInclusive said:

As far as the samples go, using iFunbox I believe it's possible to delete them - saving a lot of space. I usually use other instruments than built-in samples, so, no great loss there.

Just so you know, you cannot even delete them using iFunbox, so maybe not something to keep on your iPhone at all times.

• I think the only other option is to export to AIFF from within the app. The alternative is to us AB or General Pasteboard

• edited May 2014

so much emphasis on beatmaker 2 as a daw, but the mpc aspect is what really sold me on bm2. I didn't even consider using it as a daw when I bought it. (turned out it's pretty good for that though)

• Seems like a no-brainier with the sale. Thx, guys!

• BM2 isn't the most intuitive app and feels a little clunky compared to newer apps like Cubasis and Auria, but it's stuffed with features that neither of those apps have. And like @syrupcore said, it has the best samplers on iOS. The drum sampler makes iMPC look like "Baby's First Sampler." The built-in sample chopping and editing are top notch too.

I get that people who want a multitrack recording app to record instruments/apps tend to not like it, but people working with samples and sample manipulation should definitely check BM2 out.

• Hmm. @BvsMV - I agree - I can't seem to delete them. However, some folks who use the app regularly had pointed me to the fact that it could be done. I'll go and recheck with them.

• @MusicInclusive said:

Hmm. @BvsMV - I agree - I can't seem to delete them. However, some folks who use the app regularly had pointed me to the fact that it could be done. I'll go and recheck with them.

Interesting @MusicInclusive, maybe that was changed with later versions. If you figure it out, I would love to know, especially so i can put it back on my phone.

• @MusicInclusive I think you need to be jailbroken to delete the samples. Not sure if that has changed since this thread.

• @MusicInclusive said:

Also, does anyone export to MP3 / M4A from BM2? If so - how?

I almost always use the general pasteboard to copy/paste my work into folders within Audioshare. From there it's quick and easy to convert to M4A.

• @telecharge - Hmmm. Yes I followed the link. Seems so. I don't JB devices - prefer not to mess up what's working. Besides, JB for iPads is now illegal again in the US (since Oct 2012). iPhones can be JB'ed legally though, but I'm not going to do that for an iPhone either and affect stability.