Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How do you use Segments?

I pretty much never use Samplers. What are some of the cool things you are doing with this?

Comments

• It's great for chopping samples and then sequencing those chops with a sequencer like atom. Also great for playing one shots chromatically. Such as a synth one shot or hi hats for things like trap and drill. It's similar to abletons simpler but way less feature-rich and a worse algorithm but great for iOS. Can also be used to launch clips with a sequencer.

• edited September 2021

One shots, (Apex One Shots from Cymatics work well and I think volume 3 is free) played on the keyboard, drum loops cut into hits to play a new drum pattern on pads, melody samples to chop and create new melodies, basically any instrument loop to cut and turn into something new, and my favorite vocal samples, chopping them up. For instruments, melodies, and vocals, I like to sometimes reverse a couple of the slices, or change the pitch. Sometimes mono, sometimes in Poly playing reverse samples, and one shots at same time, sometimes putting pad 1 on thru, and looping the whole thing, then playing the other pads with adjustments over top. Sometimes looping or ping pong certain slices, setting some to play thru, some as one shots. There’s a lot more ways, but that all I can think of at the moment, sometimes I just slice a bunch of pads, alter some settings (some reverse, some gate, some one shot, etc…) and hit them until I hear something I like. I often set a little attack and release to ensure smooth transition, and set some different choke groups where needed. I really like how you can adjust each pad individually, or hit the “all” button and change every slice/pad.

I also like to experiment with the midi I send in to see what happens, sometimes I load any type of loop, slice it up, change whatever settings and use one of many midi apps, or midi fx apps, or a combo of midi app, & a midi fx app or 2. (ie. Just one example Autony and Cality, or Autony and SPA, or Riffr and a Mozaic script. Theres a million ways to send and effect the midi in) Basically experimenting with the midi in to see what I can get to come out of segments, instead of playing the pads. On the other hand Sometimes I record myself playing the pads if I want something specific, by sending midi out from segments into atom 2, recording it. Then reverse routing and send that midi back into segments. My rule is basically there is no rules.

• Thanks guys, some very cool tips there 👍👍👍

• @Lil_Stu07 said:
    It's great for chopping samples and then sequencing those chops with a sequencer like atom. Also great for playing one shots chromatically. Such as a synth one shot or hi hats for things like trap and drill. It's similar to abletons simpler but way less feature-rich and a worse algorithm but great for iOS. Can also be used to launch clips with a sequencer.

Can you mix and match time signatures with Atom, say inserting a bar of 3/4 into a 4/4 tune?