Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

RIP Richard H Kirk

RIP Richard H Kirk of cabaret Voltaire. Sheffield legend

Comments

• Very sad news :'(

• A life in music. Just check out the names he recorded under. I'm going to dive back in. Respect and RIP

https://www.discogs.com/artist/2238-Richard-H-Kirk

• So saddened to hear this. Cabs were pivotal in my musical upbringing. I was just listening to Drinking Gasoline last week.

• Wow, I don’t know anything about this artist, but being a Sheffield local myself I’ll explore the body of work they’ve created!

• I knew him through his pioneering electronica/downtempo stuff on Warp Records in the early 90s. I had no idea he was in Cabaret Voltaire.

• Such a shame. RIP.

• @richardyot said:
    I knew him through his pioneering electronica/downtempo stuff on Warp Records in the early 90s. I had no idea he was in Cabaret Voltaire.

yah I dug his Sandoz project back in the day.

• Damn. One of my favorites of all time. Crazy.

• Cabaret Voltaire - Seconds Too Late

• Cabaret Voltaire probably my favourite band ever. Very sad news indeed.
    The sole reason why I put grainy old creepy voice samples in everything I do!

• @OscarSouth said:
    Wow, I don’t know anything about this artist, but being a Sheffield local myself I’ll explore the body of work they’ve created!

Same here.

• The cabs at perhaps their most commercial sound.

Try Red Mecca album as a classic starting point. (Especially if you love flangers!)

Later Cabs (early 90's) / sandoz / R H Kirk is great too but nowhere near as ground-breaking.

• This one's for @SheffieldBleep

A whole micro-genre of house music called Sheffield Bleep!

• Ok sorry one more. This ones from the early 80's, signed to Virgin and tipped for commercial success... Didn't happen

RIP RHK :'(

• @FPC said:

This one's for @SheffieldBleep

A whole micro-genre of house music called Sheffield Bleep!

Quite

• Damn. Guess I’ll be listening to some Cabaret Voltaire over the coming days.

• It's all just Sensoria.

• R.i.p
    Used to play this a lot back in the day. Seemed futuristic to me when it came out.

• The Chemical Brothers may have famously sampled Jim Ingram's Drumbeat for 'It began in Africa'; but of the UK electronic music scene you could equally say that it began in Sheffield, in the crazed mind of Richard H Kirk.

Maestro, we salute you.

• RIP
    Cabaret Voltaire were essential to me

• Oh that’d upsetting. Cabaret Voltaire were probably the single most important musical influence in my life.

• edited September 2021

RIP :(

• I liked that album Voice of America.

• Memories, Locarno, London Road, circa 80’s…..R.I.P.

• I love anything Sandoz. RIP.

• From ‘Microphonies’ through ‘Colours’ RHK was (and is) Legend to me in the true sense of the word. CV, the bleep and solo output.. unbelievable body of work and another hero gone. RIP.

• I used to work for Warp when it was in Sheffield and Steve knew that I was a huge Cabaret Voltaire fan so one night he brought Richard round to my flat in Pitsmoor. He had just finished an album in Fon Studios and Rob Gordon at Fon had an acetate cutter so he brought me one round. I jumped up to put it on, really excited, thinking he could talk me through the tracks and he just looked at me and said “please don’t. I’ve just spent the past 3 months listening to that.” Flattened.

• @ashh said:
    I used to work for Warp when it was in Sheffield and Steve knew that I was a huge Cabaret Voltaire fan so one night he brought Richard round to my flat in Pitsmoor. He had just finished an album in Fon Studios and Rob Gordon at Fon had an acetate cutter so he brought me one round. I jumped up to put it on, really excited, thinking he could talk me through the tracks and he just looked at me and said “please don’t. I’ve just spent the past 3 months listening to that.” Flattened.

Great story :-)