Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Video...Thumbjam Update...Why I Love This Amazing App

Most of us here will be familiar with Thumbjam, but its still one of the best apps for making music on iOS

Comments

• Informative video ad usual Doug cheers what's the audio interface you using on the left top of you keyboard? Is it as Tascam?

• Yeah its a Tascam DP 008, it just records the audio that comes out of a mixer, then I sync the audio to the video in MovieMaker

• Thanks Doug!

• Thanks, Doug, always something new to learn.
    Awesome app!

• edited May 2014

Oh, and in case people haven't seen this, MusicAppBlog is doing a ThumbJam and DrumJam promo code giveaway drawing that ends today!

http://www.musicappblog.com/thumbjam-giveaway/

http://www.musicappblog.com/drumjam-giveaway/

Enter if you don't have them yet, and check out some of his content too....

• this is my favourite video yet of yours Doug - as far as your keyboard playing (and the great sounding TJ of course). Never really seen you go off and play like that before. Nice little tune - gonna develop it into a full track?

• Love this. So good to have sight of a fellow obsessive in his front room (or wherever) happily stumbling away (with great skill, of course :). TJ is unbelievably good and Mister Doug shames most of us with his pesky piano felicity. Still good to see you screw up the organ take though :) Makes the rest of us fellows with far fatter fingers feel just a tad better. Seriously though; inspiring stuff. JG

• edited May 2014

Thanks everyone for the great comments, I doubt the track will ever be finished, I have very little patience these days when it comes to recording and you need bags of patience to get it all right. Thats one of the things I love about TJ, it requires no patience and sounds great.

I messed the organ part up becuase I didn't hit finish fast enough so the loop was then out of time, which brings me a question I have, is it possible to say set TJ to record for just a certain amout of bars then switch off record on its own ?

• Yes, it can! Just go to Loop Options and enable Fixed Loop Length, and set the number of bars. I was thinking your loop style could have used that :)

• Great fun video, and of course an absolutely top app!

• @sonosaurus said:

Yes, it can! Just go to Loop Options and enable Fixed Loop Length, and set the number of bars. I was thinking your loop style could have used that :)

Brilliant, and will that work independently of other loops already there, so I could drop in and out of fixed loop as I please, or alter the loops lengths for each set

• @thesoundtestroom said:

@sonosaurus said:

Yes, it can! Just go to Loop Options and enable Fixed Loop Length, and set the number of bars. I was thinking your loop style could have used that :)

Brilliant, and will that work independently of other loops already there, so I could drop in and out of fixed loop as I please, or alter the loops lengths for each set

Yep, that should work fine.

• Yeah just tried it now, works flawlessly, thanks. I think at some point in the near future I will do another focusing on that and other ways set the app up

• The amount of things you do with Thumbjam is incredible. I use it to play VST synths over WiFi, among other things.

• Mister Doug: When you find your hopper momentarily empty, please do consider doing more on Thumbjam. There's not another app out there that I always get the feeling there's more I could/should be doing with it etc.