Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Halp! I want different midi notes to do the same thing

I can’t reprogram my midi controllers (EC4 Faderfox) midi notes so I am wondering if I can use Audiobus or similar to make my different midi notes become the same note in AUM.
—>l want different midi notes to do the same thing, be reccived as the same note.

The problem would be solved if Midi mapping functions of apps/synths in AUM allowed for multiple MIDI Notes to launch the same function, but I believe its only one mappable note per function.

I have audiobus + midi, can you show me a video where it’s done, or do I need another app?
Thanks a bundle guys!

Comments

• wimwim
    edited September 2021

I suggest getting mfxConvert. It’s inexpensive and will easily do what you want. Send your controller to it, then send its output (not your controller’s) to the app you want to control.

Now hit learn on the left side and play a note. Set the note you want it to be on the right side. Repeat for each note you want to remap. If you make any mistakes just redo the ones you need to.

https://apps.apple.com/app/mfxconvert/id1451192046

• edited September 2021

How do I add more conversions? Can it only do one?
    @wim

• wimwim
    edited September 2021

@_smund said:
    How do I add more conversions? Can it only do one?
    @wim

It can do as many as you need. Just send another note and you'll be able to map it on the "TO" section. You'll see "1 Conversion" change to two. Keep going with as many as you need. If you find a mistake just send the note again and correct it in the TO section.

You can see and choose the conversions in a drop-down menu if you tap next to "TO". But it's all in hex and hard to pick out what you need. But it's a lot easier just to re-do them as described above.

• edited September 2021

Do I need to activate it besides choosing it as input for the app?

Nothing happens in the host apps midi learn, but it is still registering my midi controller changing values in the mfx app :/

• @_smund said:
    Do I need to activate it besides choosing it as input for the app?

Nothing happens in the host apps midi learn, but it is still registering my midi controller changing values in the mfx app :/

In AUM, you need to route the output of mfxConvert to "MIDI Control" if you want to control the AUM host.

• ^this.
    If you're controlling AUv3 parameters, the "app" you're controlling is AUM (which is then controlling the app you're playing).

If you were controlling an app directly through it's own midi learn, then you'd point mfxConvert to the app instead.

• edited September 2021

Holy s***, its a miracle! :)
    Thanks guys