Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: getting files and folders onto my iPad. Am I missing something!?

edited September 2021 in Other

I just realised that in iTunes if I want to transfer files or folders like samples and stuff like that, I plug in the iPad use iTunes and then transfer stuff over to an app called iZip. Then I go in iZip and move the files to my samples folder. This seems like a really inelegant and “hacky” way of doing things but apple still hasn’t implemented a simple way to share files which is mental as there’s a dedicated files app. Or am I missing something? Is there a more efficient way to do this!?

Comments

• Does ifunbox still exist? That’s how I used to do it, although now I just usually airdrop files when I need to. I don’t do it with music files often though.

• @mrufino1 said:
    Does ifunbox still exist? That’s how I used to do it, although now I just usually airdrop files when I need to. I don’t do it with music files often though.

Yeah I should just use that, I always forget about it though!

• wimwim
    edited September 2021

PC or Mac? Either way, you can set up a SMB share then connect to that with the files app. I posted a couple of how-two links only a week ago or so. I'll see if I can find that post.

Airdrop will work fine for a zip file (if you have a Mac), and the files app can unzip it.

Audiobus has a built-in ftp server for transferring files.

Or ... copy the folder to iCloud and it'll be available on both devices (if you have a Mac). This and Airdrop are what I use.

Or ... just copy to a USB stick and then plug that into the iOS device.

• @wim said:
    PC or Mac? Either way, you can set up a SMB share then connect to that with the files app. I posted a couple of how-two links only a week ago or so. I'll see if I can find that post.

Airdrop will work fine for a zip file (if you have a Mac), and the files app can unzip it.

Or ... copy the folder to iCloud and it'll be available on both devices (if you have a Mac). This and Airdrop are what I use.

Windoze. Thanks for your tips. I’ll find something better than iZip here thank you!

• @sevenape said:

@wim said:

Windoze. Thanks for your tips. I’ll find something better than iZip here thank you!

You can set up a windows share, then connect to it with the files app. I could dig up some pages that might help if you're not familiar with the process, but ... you could do that too. ;)