Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS 15 + iPadPro2018 questions

I'm not clear if iPadOS is getting upped to 15, or just iOS....

but anyway, my 2018 iPad pro has 6gb ram.

The key I read, apple still are saying 'increased ram available 'on devices where available''.

As in... No clarity on which devices actually see the improvement.

Are we any clearer with this yet? The update is imminent...

Comments

• @SkillipEvolver said:

The key I read, apple still are saying 'increased ram available 'on devices where available''.

iPadOS is moving to 15 too. I'm using the release candidate now and everything is working well.

Every device has different max RAM limits depending on how much RAM they have. The actual RAM available to hosts and plugins is different at runtime depending on the state of the machine too. I don't think there has been much of an actual change from iOS 14 to 15 for the base level of max RAM. Apple have added a special entitlement that an app can request to use more RAM than the default, but I don't think this is actually going to have much if any impact for audio applications.

• @NeonSilicon said:

@SkillipEvolver said:

iPadOS is moving to 15 too. I'm using the release candidate now and everything is working well.

Every device has different max RAM limits depending on how much RAM they have. The actual RAM available to hosts and plugins is different at runtime depending on the state of the machine too. I don't think there has been much of an actual change from iOS 14 to 15 for the base level of max RAM. Apple have added a special entitlement that an app can request to use more RAM than the default, but I don't think this is actually going to have much if any impact for audio applications.

Yeah I guess it all comes down to the individual application and it's efficiency, like always.

I dunno. I guess I was just trying to hope and get in on the update action :-)

Always happy for a freebie :-)

• @SkillipEvolver said:

@NeonSilicon said:

@SkillipEvolver said:

Yeah I guess it all comes down to the individual application and it's efficiency, like always.

I dunno. I guess I was just trying to hope and get in on the update action :-)

Always happy for a freebie :-)

iPadOS 15 has felt solid since the initial beta. There was one issue for AU's in beta 3 I think, but they fixed that by the next beta. There's plenty of good stuff there that's been improved to look forward to.