Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

[SOLVED] Sudden loss of MIDI input to M1 MacBook Air conundrum

schsch
edited September 2021 in Other

A couple of days ago, my control surfaces (MiniLab II and Launchpad X) stopped reaching my LPX and Reason DAWs. Both controllers are connected and powered, and I have eliminated the possibility that it is due to wiring or hub issues.

To my knowledge, nothing was changed in either DAW, but it seems to be something at the OS (11.5.2) level that has somehow gotten disabled, toggled or otherwise fucked up. The QWERTY note keyboard within each DAW does play notes, but nothing seems to be getting through from the external controllers.

Wondering if anyone has some suggestions for me? Thanks in advance!

UPDATE: Although I still don't understand the cause of the problem, I was able to delete the controllers in MIDI Studio and then re-add them and it worked. The key to it was that each controller had to be plugged in directly to the MBA to be 'seen' and could then subsequently be moved to a hub connection. Happy to be jamming' again!!

Comments

• Have you gone into Audio MIDI Setup to see if they’re enabled (or even still there)?

If all looks good there, maybe delete them and try re-adding them.

• @michael_m
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'm going to see if that is the culprit, but I'm a bit stymied by the Port assignments etc. I'll go through the LPX docs I have as I'm pretty sure I remember seeing the MIDI Studio setup there. It's just so bizarre that one day MIDI worked, and then didn't! :(