Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Microtonal sequencing? MiRack?

How to do it on iOS? Does MiRack have a quantizer that allows a variety of tunings?

Comments

• wimwim
    edited September 2021

Never tried it but ...

• @wim said:
    Never tried it but ...

This looks beautiful if I can figure it all out. I’m going to have to break down and learn MiRack now. Muchas gracias amigo!

• You might want to start by using sequencers you're used to and just sending the MIDI to miRack, through the Scala Quantizer, then out. That will reduce the learning curve drastically. Then maybe start working with internal modules for the sounds.

I would save sequencing in miRack until last. There are so many sequencers with so many different ways of working that it can be a huge learning curve. I got distracted for almost a month looking for sequencers I got on with. I ended up deciding that other than for entertainment or as a way to jog creativity, none of them was an improvement over the options I have in iOS already. Still, sometimes whacking yourself upside the head with something completely different is just the thing to break out of a creative jam.

• Be forewarned, miRack is monophonic. There are ways to emulate poly, but they add complexity.

• @wim said:
    You might want to start by using sequencers you're used to and just sending the MIDI to miRack, through the Scala Quantizer, then out. That will reduce the learning curve drastically. Then maybe start working with internal modules for the sounds.

I would save sequencing in miRack until last. There are so many sequencers with so many different ways of working that it can be a huge learning curve. I got distracted for almost a month looking for sequencers I got on with. I ended up deciding that other than for entertainment or as a way to jog creativity, none of them was an improvement over the options I have in iOS already. Still, sometimes whacking yourself upside the head with something completely different is just the thing to break out of a creative jam.

I get incredible mileage just sending Rozeta Arp into Ionarics. Keyboard goes into one or both of those. The sound module gets the output of one or both of those. This alone gives all the modular-style variation I could want. And I can always add a second Ionarics if I need more variation.