Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anything similar to Ableton ‘slice to midi’ in iOS

I don’t have Ableton, but saw the slice to midi feature in a YouTube vid the other.

We can slice to pads in segments (and now koala auv3!) but we don’t get a lovely, perfectly timed midi track automatically created alongside it.

Does anyone know a way to create this, maybe recording midi out from segments or whatever?

Comments

• @gregsmith said:
    I don’t have Ableton, but saw the slice to midi feature in a YouTube vid the other.

We can slice to pads in segments (and now koala auv3!) but we don’t get a lovely, perfectly timed midi track automatically created alongside it.

Does anyone know a way to create this, maybe recording midi out from segments or whatever?

Auditor can do this. When you use its slicer you can export a MIDI file when exporting the slices that recreates the timing.

Reslice also can do it, but to get the MIDI file you need to export via email to get the MIDI file.

• BM3 can optionally create a midi pattern when slicing a sample...
    Just make sure to temporarily set the session BPM to match the Samples BPM to get a nice (1-x bars) pattern.

• wimwim
    edited September 2021

BM3 can slice to pads and create a pattern for it at the press of a button. I think you can export MIDI from BM3? I'm not sure.

sEGments doesn't output midi when it hits slice markers. It would be great if it did because you could then record that midi. Someone ( @Jeezs I think ) requested it over in the sEGments thread. I really hope @ElliottGarage considers it because people would love it once they understood its many uses.

I'm with you. This is a great feature of FL Studio's slicers that I always wanted on iOS. I was happy to see it in BM3, but I don't use that DAW much, and would prefer it in a plugin anyway.

• I’m not the only one then 😁

I wouldn’t have realised how useful it would be until I saw the video - the guy chopped up a break and just moved some hits to the high hat midi note. Really cleaned it up and made it sit over his original beat.

I don’t have auditor or BM3 so will have to get on @ElliottGarage and @elf_audio until hopefully sEGments and/or Koala will add it as a midi out option 😉

• edited September 2021

I love this in Bm3. Esspecially since it had some big improvements / bug fixes last year allowing for gaps between slices.

BM3 is now the bees knees stem chopper, slicer, rearranger etcer.

• @espiegel123 said:
    Auditor can do this. When you use its slicer you can export a MIDI file when exporting the slices that recreates the timing.

Ahh! I knew I'd seen that somewhere else but couldn't remember where and thought I had just dreamed it up.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @d4d0ug said:
    Auditor can do this, and save the chopped file as an apple loop… and sEGments can load that file type. Works nicely in Cubasis to load the midi and then host sEGments with the apple file (audio file with markers)

I didn’t know this, as I haven’t used Auditor much. Thanks for mentioning it.