Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iOS to external gear

Please help! Trying to send midi (using AUM) via a UNO midi to USB (5 pin din) interface to my 0-coast but having no joy.

Sending midi from my keystep to the 0coast works perfectly .

I have followed the instructions in this video
....and I’m 99% sure I’m doing that bit correctly.

Any help would be hugely appreciated

Comments

• Does the UNO send midi at all? Like, can you get midi through it to the ipad from some other piece of kit?

• Thanks for your reply @ashh

Ok, so, just tried it with the Blofeld, sending midi from Fugue Machine, worked immediately. So I whipped the UNO interface out of the blofeld and stuck it in the 0coast and , hey presto, it worked. But I didn’t do anything differently to how I did it this morning.....unless there’s a very particular order in which to plug stuff in/turn stuff on.
    Is there?

• Nope. That's just the waaaay it is, some things will never change but ohh don't you believeeee it.

Aka, feel that sting, it's the universe, fuckin wit cha.

Aka. No, honestly, gear is so weird. You just did a turn it off and back on again ting mate.

Have FUN!

• Ha! Universe is fuckin with me a lot recently.... but I’m hatching a revenge plan.
    Thanks @ashh 😊

• A device with both USB and DIN MIDI won’t necessarily work as an interface to pass from USB to DIN. KeyStep can with the right configuration btw, though it will always send from the keyboard (no “local off”) which is awkward. I also recently found that the timing of USB to CV/gate was a***. This said the KeyStep is handy as a just a controller so it can stay.