Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Daveypoo Arrives In Italy!

For those of you following the exploits of @Daveypoo, you'll be happy to know Dave and his family have landed safely in Italy. For those who don’t know, Dave has had a vision for the past several years to move his family permanently from California to Italy. It took many years and a ton of perseverance, but he has finally made his dream come true.

I’ll leave it to Dave, if he wants, to give his motives. I just want to congratulate him for doing something most of us would deem impossible, and wish him every good fortune as he begins the next, and finally real, implementation of his grand plan.

Of course, when we hear from him, it will be the same as always, unless he decides to start posting in Italian, and he may change his moniker to Daveypiu. We shall see!

Comments

• edited September 2021

Hey everyone! My YT channel went silent back in April and I received a few reachouts from folks here checking in on me, but as LL mentioned above, I had some personal things going on!

For the last 7 years, I have been pursuing moving overseas. I was recognized as an Italian citizen back in 2019 after 3 years of research, paperwork, familial documents, translations, patience and even traveling to my family's ancestral village in 2017. 8 months later, COVID hit and the whole operation was dead in the water. 2020 was a whole year full of introspection and self work, and when I emerged on the other side, my wife and I promised ourselves that when the window of opportunity presented itself again, we would not miss it.

So, back in April we saw that plane fare was down so we bought tickets & shot for a September move. The last few months have been an absolutely insane ride, filled with incredible lows - I lost both my parents inside 2 months, my dad just a week ago - and incredible highs - more friends than I knew I had stepped up to help out, support us, comfort us, and give us a fantastic send off.

We landed In Rome this afternoon, with all our essentials in tow and the remainder of our life sitting on a pallet in California. I'm not sure where this journey will take us, or what is in store next, but I want to take you with me!

Which leads me to my final point - I will be back to making videos soon, but right now I'm still plotting what form they will take. So stay tuned, keep your seat belts fastened and hold your breath!

Thanks for all your support, @LinearLineman - it's been an invaluable part of this crazy adventure.

• Wow @Daveypoo, I didn't expect this to happen eventually 😄

Congrats to choosing the land of great coffee, pasta, pizza, antipasti, love and great scenery.
    And, not the least, the land of family life.

Enjoy!!!!!

• edited September 2021

@Daveypoo said:
    Hey everyone! My YT channel went silent back in April and I received a few reachouts from folks here checking in on me, but as LL mentioned above, I had some personal things going on!

For the last 7 years, I have been pursuing moving overseas. I was recognized as an Italian citizen back in 2019 after 3 years of research, paperwork, familial documents, translations, patience and even traveling to my family's ancestral village in 2017. 8 months later, COVID hit and the whole operation was dead in the water. 2020 was a whole year full of introspection and self work, and when I emerged on the other side, my wife and I promised ourselves that when the window of opportunity presented itself again, we would not miss this opportunity.

So, back in April we saw that plane fare was down so we bought tickets & shot for a September move. The last few months have been an absolutely insane ride, filled with incredible lows - I lost both my parents inside 2 months, my dad just a week ago - and incredible highs - more friends than I knew I had stepped up to help out, support us, comfort us, and give us a fantastic send off.

We landed In Rome this afternoon, with all our essentials in tow and the remainder of our life sitting on a pallet in California. I'm not sure where this journey will take us, or what is in store next, but I want to take you with me!

Which leads me to my final point - I will be back to making videos soon, but right now I'm still plotting what form they will take. So stay tuned, keep your seat belts fastened and hold your breath!

Thanks for all your support, @LinearLineman - it's been an invaluable part of this crazy adventure.

Hey! Good move! I moved to Italy in 2012 and I’m still here. Best thing I ever did. It can be frustrating at times, the public offices are a nightmare, but it’s such a lovely place! Where are you considering living!? I’m based in Tuscany, Versilia to be a little more precise. It’s cool, got the mountains and the sea and the wine, oh the wine.

If I can help with any little nuggets of advice I’d be more than happy to!

Bienvenuto and In bocca al lupo!!

• edited September 2021

in bocca al lupo!

• Sorry about your parents bro. Been there.

• Sorry to hear about your folks. @Daveypoo, terrible loss, but great to hear that you’ve made the move; my partner and I are hoping to make a similar move, to Greece in the coming years, and universe willing might travel to a possible new home island next week to attend an animation festival and scope it out 🤞

Best wishes in your new home!

• @Daveypoo Awesome story! Be brave, hang tight! Welcome on the old Continent!

• @Daveypoo enjoy the food the scenery and the people... I've been Italy is a lovely place.

• As an Italophile born on the opposite side of the globe, I admire what you've done! I quite often sit at home playing Geoguesser around Italy and nearby places. Do you already speak the language?

• Italy can be a mixed bag. Great food, beautiful part of the world, crazy politics (although not unlike Trump), super cheesy tv, a lot of racism, high taxes, still reasonably good health care. Very hot in the summer. Other than that I’m sure you’ll be ok.

Sorry for your loss.

• Super happy to hear you guys have finally done it! All the best to your family!!

• Mix of congratulations and condolences but all in all, I wish you the very best, @Daveypoo

And shoutout to @LinearLineman for being a true bro.

• So, you finally made it @Daveypoo ! My sincere condolences on the loss of your parents ( I also have been there but a few years ago now). But congratulations and best wishes on a new chapter in the life of you and your family!

• Thanks for the good vibes, everyone!

@sevenape - not sure where we'll end up, but we're here for now and that's good enough. If you're ever nearby we should grab a beer!

@SimonSomeone I've been studying Italian for about 5 years, and the last 12 hours had shown that I at least know enough to function, which feels extremely empowering!

@supadom Indeed, Italy is very much a mixed bag, but unfortunately so is the US right now and we feel much safer as a family here.

I'll have more stories and adventures to share once I've rested some. Jet-lagged both physically and emotionally, if you know what I mean. I truly appreciate the support of this crazy community and hope I get to meet more of you in the "real" world soon

• So sorry about your folks Dave, that's really rough.

As for 'what now?', well, the world's your oyster. I'd go for a walk.

• So sorry to hear about your parents. Life can be an awful bastard at times. Awesome that you’ve finally done It though.

• edited September 2021

Deeply sorry about your parents….

And welcome to Europe, the First World!

• If anyone is in Rome in the next month and wants to grab a beer, let me know!

• Hey Everybody I’m gothamoddisee and if you made it this far down in the thread, YOU can be called a Daveypoo fan!

• Forza Mister Poo!

• Factor in the opportunity to be really tired over the next few months. Living a foreign language can be very fatiguing.

• @TheOriginalPaulB said:
    Factor in the opportunity to be really tired over the next few months. Living a foreign language can be very fatiguing.

It already is, man - but I appreciate the heads up!

• @gothamoddisee said:
    Hey Everybody I’m gothamoddisee and if you made it this far down in the thread, YOU can be called a Daveypoo fan!

Nice 👍

• edited September 2021

@Daveypoo Sorry for the loss of your parents ,hang in there .
    I’m excited for you ! I hope this new chapter in life is a great adventure!

• edited September 2021

Thanks, @MeatWalrus - too bad we couldn't hang out one more time before I left, but now you'll just have to come to Italy 😁

• @Daveypoo I wanted belatedly to say I’m grieved by your parents passing.

In 2020 we lost my father and step father and were living in fear of loosing more until the vaccines rolled out and gave us some relief.

On a lighter note:
    Wish I had known more Italian when I went, and all I remember now is sottopassagio and dove. It was enough to help me get around ;)

Don’t know ya but still love you like a brother. Enjoy Italy my friend

• @audiblevideo said:
    @Daveypoo I wanted belatedly to say I’m grieved by your parents passing.

In 2020 we lost my father and step father and were living in fear of loosing more until the vaccines rolled out and gave us some relief.

On a lighter note:
    Wish I had known more Italian when I went, and all I remember now is sottopassagio and dove. It was enough to help me get around ;)

Don’t know ya but still love you like a brother. Enjoy Italy my friend

I appreciate the good vibes, my friend. So sorry for your losses as well - 2020/2021 has been brutal for so many of us in every way. You've got support here when you need it, and can ping me ANYTIME.

• That’s a huge move, all the best with it, we’ve been to various parts of Italy and it’s a beautiful country. And huge condolences for your loss.

• Glad to hear that you finally made your big move. All of you must be really excited about this incredible adventure. And, sorry for your loss. I can somehow relate to your story and can imagine the mixed emotions you must be going through right now as I lost my father 5 years ago while I was moving to Japan.
    Anyway, hope you'll find the time to tell us your story !

• @Daveypoo I'll wait You in Verona my fiend. I saved up some good wines for a dinner with our families (some good Amarone di Valpolicella).