Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Neon Audio Editor by 4Pockets.com - Released

Comments

• edited September 2021

The SoundTestRoom:

• Anyone else not seeing the 'Launch' button next to the Neon icon in AUM? It's there in very video I've watched - you can even see it in the screen shot from Doug's video in the post above, but whatever I do (looked at every setting, uninstalled and reinstalled), it just won't appear for me. Have emailed @4Pockets support but no reply...

• @enkaytee said:
    Anyone else not seeing the 'Launch' button next to the Neon icon in AUM? It's there in very video I've watched - you can even see it in the screen shot from Doug's video in the post above, but whatever I do (looked at every setting, uninstalled and reinstalled), it just won't appear for me. Have emailed @4Pockets support but no reply...

You need to enable in the MIDI controls:

• @MisplacedDevelopment said:

@enkaytee said:
    Anyone else not seeing the 'Launch' button next to the Neon icon in AUM? It's there in very video I've watched - you can even see it in the screen shot from Doug's video in the post above, but whatever I do (looked at every setting, uninstalled and reinstalled), it just won't appear for me. Have emailed @4Pockets support but no reply...

Brilliant - thanks...👍

• @enkaytee said:

@MisplacedDevelopment said:

@enkaytee said:

Brilliant - thanks...👍

does launch button only show up when Neon is in the input slot, vs. the effect slot? i can’t seem to get it visible when Neon is in the fox slot

• @eross said:

@enkaytee said:

@enkaytee said:

Brilliant - thanks...👍

does launch button only show up when Neon is in the input slot, vs. the effect slot? i can’t seem to get it visible when Neon is in the fox slot

It will only appear when Neon is an input - it's to make it act as a clip launcher when playing audio. The effect slot version is used for recording only.

• @enkaytee said:

@eross said:

@enkaytee said:

@enkaytee said:

Brilliant - thanks...👍

It will only appear when Neon is an input - it's to make it act as a clip launcher when playing audio. The effect slot version is used for recording only.

thanks

• Hi,
    I’m wondering about Neon’s editor drag-and-drop functionality, which sounds promising. What exactly can you drag and drop to/from?. I know it’s available for other 4pockets apps. But what about a daw?. Can you drag a file from Neon to Cubasis, for example?.

• @tahiche said:
    Hi,
    I’m wondering about Neon’s editor drag-and-drop functionality, which sounds promising. What exactly can you drag and drop to/from?. I know it’s available for other 4pockets apps. But what about a daw?. Can you drag a file from Neon to Cubasis, for example?.

It does seem to vary app to app. I cannot drag to a Cubasis audio track or to the media bay directly from Neon. Unfortunately Cubasis does not seem to interact with the general pasteboard like some other apps so a direct copy/paste does not work either. Cubasis doesn’t seem to let you drag normal audio files from Files.app to its timeline though, so it may not be a great example.

If there are any others you would like me to test then let me know.

@tahiche said:
    Hi,

It does seem to vary app to app. I cannot drag to a Cubasis audio track or to the media bay directly from Neon. Unfortunately Cubasis does not seem to interact with the general pasteboard like some other apps so a direct copy/paste does not work either. Cubasis doesn’t seem to let you drag normal audio files from Files.app to its timeline though, so it may not be a great example.

If there are any others you would like me to test then let me know.

I was gonna say Zenbeats, cos it’s freeze functionality sort of sucks and it’d be great to use Neon for that. But Zenbeats has no sidechain, so…
    Thanks!.

• Version 1.02 has been released and although it is not documented as something that was fixed, you can now drag/drop directly from Neon to Koala pads! Worth checking to see if there are any other apps now which will accept the drag/drop.

• Oh shit, that drag and drop to koala is very nice

• Now I wish apps like Nave had side-by-side support

• @sharifkerbage said:
    Now I wish apps like Nave had side-by-side support

Yepp, wish all apps were 'split view enabled' by default, especially those that are fully universal already.

• Quick run down on drag/drop and copy/paste support in a few apps in case it sparks any workflow ideas for anyone:

Koala - drag/drop to pads works
    DigiStix 2 - as above

Auria Pro - no drag/drop but audio paste works fine
    Reslice - as above
    Quantiloop - as above
    Samplr - as above
    AudioShare - as above
    Auditor - as above. Drag/drop looks like it will work but nothing happens.
    GarageBand - no drag/drop but audio paste works fine, works in live loops cells too

MultiTrackStudio - drag/drop and audio paste work
    MultiTrack DAW - as above
    Chameleon - can paste into the sample editor and also drag/drop a sample into the box containing the list of samples
    MultiTrackRecorder - copy/paste works for the audio pool and drag/drop works for the timeline.

BM3 - drag/drop works with the sampler but not with song/scenes

Loopy HD - Copy/paste should work but it doesn’t on my iPad due to Loopy going missing as something I can share wav files to. When I try and import there is no option other than the internal loop files.

For these I cannot find anywhere that accepts drag/drop or copy/paste clipboard audio:
    ZenBeats
    Audio Evolution Mobile
    Cubasis 3
    Gadget 2

ZenBeats
    Audio Evolution Mobile
    Cubasis 3
    Gadget 2

Thanks for the heads up.
    Cubasis 3 doesn’t have drag and drop yet, as for copy-past, that was abandoned you only import using audio share and Files APP.

• when using Neon on iphone. is it possible to drag and drop from the media bay into the clip window? i can do it on my ipad , but it won’t work on iphone. right now i just copy it from media bay, and paste in the clip window. maybe my phone is just to old lol

• @eross said:
    when using Neon on iphone. is it possible to drag and drop from the media bay into the clip window? i can do it on my ipad , but it won’t work on iphone. right now i just copy it from media bay, and paste in the clip window. maybe my phone is just to old lol

iPhone supports drag and drop only on iOS 15

• Can you add Warp markers across the audio similar to Ableton?

• I’ve worked out how to launch clips via Atom sequencer. Basically this turns AUM into a quirky DAW.

• @reasOne said:
    Can you add Warp markers across the audio similar to Ableton?

Not yet, but i believe if requested enough, Paul might implement that.

• wimwim
    edited September 2021

@reasOne said:

Auditor has warp markers and editing like this.

• Anyone succeed to change the tempo of neon?
    When sync is on it follow AUM tempo, if sync is off it doesn’t work.

• Anyone finding launching clips via midi sequencer (In this case Helium) a bit flaky when in loop mode?

• I'm a long time TwistedWave user, which is probably the best audio editor on iPhone, but I'm always looking/hoping for something better. How does this compare?

• I love the Merge feature of the clipboard.
    It'd be awesome to have Overdub as well!

• @sharifkerbage said:
    I love the Merge feature of the clipboard.

cool how does that work?

• @wim said:

@reasOne said:

Can you warp in Auditor while comparing with another wave? (Like for instance pulling the notes of a vocal or bass (wave 1) towards the starting points of the drums (wave 2))

• @eross said:

@sharifkerbage said:
    I love the Merge feature of the clipboard.

cool how does that work?

Like in any looper, the first recording sets the length of the loop and all the further overdubs merge on top of that loop (the same as the merge option in the clipboard, but for recording)

• wimwim
    edited September 2021

@janpieter said:

@wim said:

@reasOne said:

Can you warp in Auditor while comparing with another wave? (Like for instance pulling the notes of a vocal or bass (wave 1) towards the starting points of the drums (wave 2))

Good question. Unfortunately the answer is no. While you can have multiple audio clips open at a time, you can only send one of them to the slicer at a time. The Tempo/BPM ruler is helpful for this, but that’s as far as it goes.